Chapter 1

A/N:

So, I am currently very angry at my tablet because it decided to be a douchepants today and has deleted about half of my prewritten part of the story about 3 times already. I'm not happy!!! >:(

However, I'm still excited to get this out to you all. This is my Alan Ashby fan fiction. It is still a work in progress so updates will be as frequent as i can write. it my first story that isn't pre-written so I ask for patience from you readers. Please share and comment all you wish. I will gladly answer.

Title Credit: Alan Ashby's twitter. ;) (It simply fits the story)

-------

"Kitty!! Your favorite ginger is here." I heard a voice shout along with the shutting of the front door. A smile appeared on my face as I deviously hid behind my door while I heard Alan's footsteps as he hurried up the stairs. I kept quiet as Alan entered my bedroom. "Kennadee?" Alan asked confused when he found an empty bedroom. I took my chance. "GIIIIIIINNNGYYYYY!!!" I shouted as I emerged from my hiding place and jumped on my best friend's back earning a girly scream from him. "HOLY SHIT! KENNADEE ALICIA BRIAND, YOU SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME!" I was laughing my ass off at his reaction when he suddenly jumped onto my bed... with me still on his back. It was my turn to scream. He started tickling me before I could regain my composure. I burst out laughing as he hit all of my tickle spots which is basically everywhere. "Fuck - Alan... Stop - shit!" I managed between laughs. I had tears in my eyes and I couldn't breathe. Alan however was having the time of his life. "Alan.. I'm going to kill you.." I made the words out once he had stopped and I could breathe once again. "Now that's not nice, kitty." Alan said while kneeling on my bed facing me. I glared at him before putting my hands on his chest and pushing him. He shouted as we fell back onto my floor landing with a thud. I laughed as I made my way downstairs to the living room. I heard Alan follow suit.

As mentioned before, I'm Kennadee Alicia Briand. I'm five foot two with long navy blue hair which fades out to black at the tips. I'm 23 years old and covered with tattoos, most of them my own designs. I'm a tattoo artist at Highpoint Tattoos in LA. Alan Ashby, he's my dork best friend. I grew up with him in Los Angeles, California. I met him in kindergarten because he wouldn't lend me a blue crayon. We ended up fighting over it and breaking the crayon along with earning us a time out each. After that we ended up becoming really close. We grew up together and he was the closest thing I had to a brother now. My older brother Mitch passed away from cancer at age 17. That had been the hardest part of my life, I was only 14 at the time and Alan was with me through the whole time. Alan then sort of took over the big brother role in my life. He never replaced my brother but he was the one who now took care of me.

I took a seat on the couch in the living room and soon after Alan took a seat beside me and placed his arm around my shoulder. "What are we doing today Kitty?" Yes, Alan called me Kitty. He was a huge fan of cats and apparently I had been 'honored' with the title. I didn't mind it. I had gotten used to it by now. "Well, since I'm still in my sweatpants and I'm too lazy to get ready how about a movie day?" he groaned. "You asked!" I said. "I know, I know. But again?" he asked unhappily. "Yes, Ashby, again." I answered. He hesitated a bit before saying, "alright, fine. Anything for you." He wrapped his arms fully around me as I hugged him too and he kissed my temple. I squealed slightly. "Thank you my ginger princess!" I said as I pulled away from him and got ready to play rock, paper, scissors. Alan and I had this thing that on our movie days we did rock, paper, scissors to see who chose the first movie and then we alternated from there. This mostly meant we started with a chick flick then an action movie then a chick flick then a horror. I was really into chick flicks as you can tell.

"Ready?" I asked. He nodded. "Rock - paper - scissors!" I said as I decided on rock which ended up beating Alan's scissors. He cursed under his breath as I got up excitedly to start The Notebook. "Uuuuuggghhhh...." Alan complained as he laid on the couch and buried his face in a pillow. I laughed and laid on top of him. "Hey!" he complained. I felt him chuckle as he turned himself around under me and wrapped his arms around me as we settled to watch movies. We laid there as the familiar beginning was coming up on the screen.

Five movies later, I was lying on the couch while playing with Alan's hair who was sitting in front of me on the floor. The credits to Dear John were rolling on the screen as Alan stood up and pulled me over his shoulder all of a sudden. "What- Ashby! What are you up to? Put me down!" he ignored me as he laughed and ran up the stairs. He went into my room and tossed me on my bed, laughing as he jumped and landed beside me. "What the hell was that for?" I questioned giving Alan a glare. "Just. Is it cool if I sleep over tonight?" he asked and I shrugged. "Yeah sure. I don't mind." "Alright then!" he got up and walk to what I guessed was the guest room where he had a drawer full of clothes.

He returned a while later wearing only a pair of basketball shorts. I couldn't help but smiling. He looked pretty cute. He walked over to me and laid down next to me. "What are you doing in my bed, ginger?" I asked eyeing him suspiciously. "Getting ready to sleep of course." He answered nonchalantly. "What? Get out Ashby." I said trying to push him off my bed. He didn't budge however. He was stronger than me, resisting my attempts at getting him out of my comfortable bed. After tiring from my futile attempts I scoffed. "Fine. Stay here idiot." I said as I turned away from him and turned off my bedside lamp. The room was enveloped in darkness for a bit before I felt Alan's arms go around my waist, his face nuzzled in the crook of my neck. He was chuckling and I felt my lips break out into a grin. "Goodnight Kitty." He murmured and I chuckled. "Goodnight, gingy." I whispered before I let myself drift off to sleep.

I woke up to the sun shining through the window in my room. I glanced at my clock. 7:45. My alarm was going to ring in 15 minutes but since I knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep now I shut it off and got out of bed, careful not to wake up Alan. I had to get to work by nine so I stepped into the shower connected to my bedroom to start getting ready. It wasn't long before I stepped out and dried myself as I heard shuffling outside the bathroom door where I guessed Alan was waking up. "Kitty. Hurry up! I have to pee!" he shouted through the door. "That's why there's another restroom, idiot." I called out as I wrapped the towel around my naked body. I opened the door to the restroom and walked into my bedroom, Alan slipping into the restroom as soon as I was out. I took advantage of him being in there and slipped on my panties and bra. I walked to my closet and pulled on a pair of black skinnies and a black Metallica shirt with the sleeves cut off. I pulled those on right before Alan exited the restroom.

"Where are you going?" Alan asked eyeing me. "There's a little something called work, Ashby. Not everyone gets to live the lavish life of a rockstar." I answered. Yes, Alan was a rockstar, and a big one at that. He was in the band called Of Mice & Men along with four other guys who I loved. Alan laughed. "I didn't know you had an appointment set. At what time are you leaving the parlor?" he asked. "Around 5 I think." I answered as I switched my nose stud for a hoop and worked on my makeup. "Well the guys are hanging out at my house tonight. Do you want to go over after work?" he asked me. "Sorry gingy, I'm going over to Brandon's after work." I heard him groan. "Really? Can't you cancel on him or something and spend time with your buddies?" I rolled my eyes. "You know he won't like that." I said. Brandon was my boyfriend of 16 months. He wasn't the most amazing guy but I loved him. Alan however wasn't very fond of him. "Fine. But we call dibs on you tomorrow." He said. I laughed and nodded as I finished my make up. I grabbed my purse, cell phone and car keys before walking towards the front door Alan trailing behind me. "Well, I'm off. Make yourself at home gingy." I said. "Alright." He answered as he pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

I drove my car for about 20 minutes before getting to the tattoo parlor. It really wasn't that far from my house but I got caught in the early morning traffic. I parked behind the shop and walked in through the back entrance. "You here, Josh?" I called out as I strolled through the shop to my small station where I set down my purse. "Yeah, up front!" I heard my co-worker call from the shop's front desk. I walked towards his voice. "What's up man?" I asked as I hugged him. "Not much, I actually just got here about five minutes ago." He answered. I went over to the stereo and plugged my iPhone into the dock setting our regular station on the surround sound system. The Amity Affliction began to blast through the speakers. "How many appointments do you have set today?" Josh asked. I pulled my agenda from underneath the desk and opened it up to today's date. "Umm, looks like I have 4. My first one should be coming in in about 30 minutes. And Abigail is coming in for a new design around 11. I have a touch up appointment at 1 and a new guy coming in at 3. I should be out of here by five. How about you?" I asked as I began turning on all the lights and making the place look alive. "3 appointments. My first one is probably going to take about four to five hours though. He comes in at ten. I'll be out of here around five as well, maybe six." He answered as he unlocked the front door to the shop. "Sounds perfect." I answered. It was barely 9:15 when we had everything ready so we took a seat in the front lounge of the parlor to wait for our appointments to arrive.