Day 6: Sister's Retrieval and Demonic Deals.

A/N: my step sister is pregnant.
I'm an uncle. . .
.
.
She's 13
She's fucking 13 years old.
THIRTEENTH YEARS OLD
AND SHE REFUSES TO GET AN ABORTION BECUZ SHE'S RELIGIOUS. I'M GONNA GO BEAT HER ASS UP.

Edit: She gave birth to a girl named Scarlet, and Scarlet is a beautiful baby, but I'm still angry as my sister. We're not on speaking terms at the moment. (Plus she and Scarlet moved out to live with my sis's birth mom)

Now to the story -
~•~•~

That morning John and I were beside eachother in bed, no not naked, just together. Wrappened in each other's warmth. John smelt of beer and wood. I sighed out slightly. Don't think about tomorrow. Don't think about tomorrow.

"What are we doing tomorrow?" John asked as he opened his eyes. Quickly he shut them and held his head, "Oh fuck."

I laughed. "Too much liquor huh?"

John shoved me playfully, I grinned and stuck out my tongue.
"Let's not think of tomorrow right now, it's too early." I said.

"Fine." John yawned, he readied himself to sleep once more, but jumped out of bed seconds later. He started to change as fast as sonic, leaving me in a state of surprise.

"Woah, woah, what's going on?" I asked, also getting up from the comfortable bed.

"My sister, I have to pick her up remember?" John pulled his hair into a messy ponytail, grabbing his phone he climbed out the window. "Come on.

Eh. Sure, why not?

I followed him out the window and into the streets. John held my hand for warmth. It was early, early, morning and the air was chilly. John, being the little idiot he was wasn't wearing a jacket. I wrapped a hand around him to keep him warm.

"T-thanks" he shivered.

We walked a bit more, hoping the air would warm up a little. Then we spotted a little abandoned house.

For an odd reason I felt as if the air fell a few more degrees. I felt something, something old and familiar in the pit of my stomach. Too familiar. It was my old demon senses telling me that someone had died. I sniffed the air to a familiar scent.

Suicide.

My eyes widened as I placed the pieces together. I tried to stop John, but he was too fast for me.
He sprinted to the door, a huge grin on his face. I cried out for him to stop.

It was too late.

John was inside the house.

I ran inside as well, he was no longer in the living room, I saw him run upstairs to check the bedrooms and I too ran up.

"John! John come back!"

I was only a step way from the room he was in when I heard the blood curling scream. Turns out it wasn't a bedroom, but a bathroom. On the floor lied what was once Mary Laurens. Her arms cut up, bled to death, I presumed.

John was sobbing on the floor whispering Marys name over and over. I went to comfort him.

I could hear the sound of angel wings. even if could not see, I knew it was Mary's Guardian Angel taking her soul to heaven where she belonged. She must of did it right before we got here.

With my arms still wrapped around John, I dragged my lover outside the room, taking him away from his dead sister's body.
He resisted for a bit, he cried and cried, but he finnaly stopped resisting and I took him to the hallway where I hugged him with all my might. I knew what it was like to loose family. For me someone who was close like family.

"A-alex, why?" He sobbed into my chest. "I don't know John." I rubbed his back and held him tighter.

This made no sense, Mary was young and had a long life ahead of her. In demon form whenever she was around I could feel her strength, I knew she wasn't supposed to die till she was older. So why? Who made her do this?

Thomas.
Could it have been him? No it couldn't have, he said he made a deal so he wouldn't do anything.

Maria.

I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't belive it. Maria had been my friend since we were little demons. I wasn't going to belive it.

"John." I whispered as John's sobbing stopped. "Everything is going to be okay. You'll be okay."

"What about M-mary? Huh!? What about her?" John shoved me off, instead of sad he was furious.

I sighed, human grief was weird to me, but I knew I had to calm him down.

"John c'mon we have to report this to the authorities. John . . . I'm so sorry."

Then I latched onto him, hugging him, holding him in my chest.

At first he tried to fight me and push me off, I still held on. After that he was back to tear mode again. I held him and whispered sweet things to him.

He was asleep now. Passed out from shock I guessed. With that I carried him downstairs and layed him on the floor of the living room.

My John was in great pain. With a soft growl I turned back to my demon form to see a familiar face near the stairs.

I glared. "Maria."

She seemed saddened.  Her face was wet with tears and her eyes blood shot.

I never knew demons could cry.

"Why, Mar?" I spat, looking at the floor, too disgusted with her, "What purpose did this serve?"

"To get you back home." She cried, "You've changed, you know that? That human boy was your doom, and I knew he was your death wish. Thomas was coming to kill you so I made a deal to him, that I'd kill you."
She sobbed.

"I couldn't do that! I figured that if I get rid of John you'd come home. I couldn't get rid of him because I knew how much he meant to you, I went for the girl. I hoped maybe it would drive John to suicide."

She yelled out, "I JUST WANTED TO PROTECT YOU." 
Her dark red wings rose as little as she yelled that. " just wanted my friend back. . ." her voice was broken, that it came out a whisper.

I shook my head, "We are no longer friends Maria, I'll be dead by tomorrow morning, don't come back, please?" It hurt to see Maria's heartbroken expression.

"We may not longer be friends Alexander, but I won't see you die,  I just won't."

She flew out the door and into the day light, before I could even take a step she was gone.

Leaving me with a dead girl and broken boy to tend to.