17. Confessions

Bea Messina

Bea Messina

Tryouts were easy, coach said I wouldn't even have to tryout and I had a spot on the team. I still did to show all the recruits what the seniors play like. I definitely crushed them, it was fun.

My guys and Ace's guys all made it back on as well, but one thing was missing, Ace wasn't there. I mean, I didn't want him to be but I kind of did. I miss him so much that I just wanted to see him, even if I can't be with him.

After our last class, we all went home and sat around at Ace's house talking.

At some point in time, Jackson and Noah slipped off to somewhere, I hope things are ok with them.

When I hear the door slam shut, I look and see Ace standing at the door, looking at us curiously. I quickly divert my eyes to anywhere else in the house. "Bea, we need to talk." He whispered, just loud enough for me to hear in the silent room.

"About What Ace? About the fact you hate my past? Or the fact you hate the scars on my body? Both of those things I can't change, so looks like we have nothing to talk about." I answer bluntly, still not looking to him.

"Bea, please." He pleads with a weak voice. I look to him and see sadness in his eyes.

"I can't do this anymore Ace." I say getting up and pacing around. "You don't know everything about me! How could you care about this ugly past?" I ask now yelling as tears stream down my face.

"Because mine is just as bad!" He yells back, surprising me.

He sighs and quietly before continues, "My mother and my father hated everything about me because I was a weak child, I was smaller than the other kids. They beat me every night to make me stronger, so that I could take this gang. When I did, I killed them both because I couldn't look at them anymore." He says as a silent tear rolls down his cheek.

"Dante was reckless." I say pointing my gaze down and letting the tears roll down my face.

"What?" Matt asks as his voice cracks, he knew exactly what his uncle did to me. He hated that he was related to that sonofabitch.

"Dante had his fun with me and he was reckless about it!" I screamed pushing my palms to my eyes and falling to the ground.

In a moment, Ace was holding me in his arms, I wept into his chest as I tried to regain myself again. I don't know what happened, but when Ace said his is just as bad, I remembered just how bad my own was.

"Jack, you need to tell him." Kirk whispers as everyone is silent.

"Tell me what Bea?" Ace asks as my watery eyes look up to his.

I gulp and look him dead in the eyes before taking a death breath and replying, "I had twins. A girl and a boy. Alice and Oscar. I don't know where they are." I say as the tears fall harder than ever.