Chapter 17 : The Wish of Tragedy

Note : Statements enclosed within '#' like '# statement #' are system messages or similar type of messages 

Proofread by Compass96
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linxx sat in his chair, waiting patiently. Ever since Dishita told him about Worm’s whereabouts, he had been dying to go and face him again. He still remembered the first day when his single strike had killed Worm and the satisfaction it brought.

He wasn’t a bad guy who would kill weaklings just for fun but that day, he was insulted by Worm. A mere newbie who was the last ranked player in the game had told his junior (Isaiah) that he would surpass Linxx. That was ok for Linxx, he didn’t mind it that much.

When they were going hunting, they saw him looking at a rabbit with cute eyes, as if he didn’t know that the rabbit was a monster. And this guy had said that he would surpass Linxx. This got to Linxx, he didn’t know why but he felt immense anger at the mere sight of him. The anger reached a point where it couldn’t be held back anymore.

Like assassins who mostly kill with a single strike, Linxx swore to himself that he would kill him in such a manner.. And he did. Even though he had killed a newbie, for some reason, he didn’t have any regrets. Then he understood, he hated Worm from his heart.

Why did the hatred arise? Just because he, the highest player, was looked at in a way as if he was nothing? Or was it because the player who looked at him in that way didn’t know that the rabbit was a monster meant to be hunted? Linxx wasn’t sure of the answer, but he did know of his hatred towards Worm.

Sometime later, Worm made the headlines on the news when he reached level 51 in 10 minutes but many top players stated that there were no facts to support the claim of a player reaching level 51 in 10 minutes. Forums were checked by almost everyone in this game. It was the only place where people shared information.

When the forum top poster says that the information is not true, people believe him. When other top posters support the top poster, the belief becomes a fact. The same thing happened in Worm’s case. Even though Linxx thought that it was possible to reach level 51 in 10 mins, he chose to believe that the information must be false.

It didn’t take much time for Worm to make headlines again, only this time, none of the news channels reported him. Rather, it was the very familiar system message of the game that told them about Worm being a wanted black magician.

Since then, many people had tried to locate him and hand him over to the kingdom but none of them have succeeded. In fact, this was the first time that anyone knew his location, as far as Linxx could tell. Now that he knew Worm’s location, the wait was killing him.

Dishita entered and when she looked at Linxx’s face, she knew that Linxx was tired of waiting. Linxx walked towards her and hugged her.

“You really helped us this time. I hate that Worm and I am happy that you got to know his location. Now, we can finally hand him over to the Kingdom. I am glad that you are with us. So, Miss strategist, please guide us on how to move this time.”

The smile on his face when he said those words to Dishita melted her heart. She didn’t know how to respond to his beautiful smile. After about 10 seconds, she managed to regain her thought process.

“Well, I think that Team A would be enough. I am pretty sure that their alliance is very small with hardly 10 people, otherwise there would be trust issues. And I know that one of them is a girl who is my best friend…”

“Wait a second, your best friend?!”

“Yeah, she was. But don’t worry, this alliance is more important to me. And I will crush her if she is with Worm. Anyway, 50 of us will be enough.”