Chapter 4 : The Weakest Pet

Note : Statements enclosed within '#' like '# statement #' are system messages or similar type of messages 

Proodread by Max Lambon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sana almost didn’t believe that there were more than 1.5 million people between her and the top ranked player. It was as surprising as when Linxx was level 16, the second ranked player was at level 13. However, she didn’t know that Linxx had signed a deal with Colors TV. The signing process took more than 5 hours even though representatives of the media channel had come all the way to New York to sign a deal with Linxx. That had given Linxx a loss of 15 hours of game time and later, he didn’t earn enough experience to level up in the fox quest with difficulty of level 3. And he had to share the experience with more than 100 members. As if that was not enough, the experience required to level up to 21 was unbelievably large.

To think that there would be this many people at just 3 level difference. However, none of them was at level 20 except Linxx. Sana wanted to level up quickly. She didn’t accept the reason she was so obsessed all of a sudden but inside her heart, she knew. Moreover, she is a model in real life and she knew how hard it is in the modelling business. And she had always been competitive. She hated losing.

She had already heard of the Fierce Warrior alliance in the Nahur Kingdom. The Forum on The Sphere’s website revealed such news as if it was an international calamity. Linxx had started the alliance and the procurement of a dungeon with monsters suitable to fight up to level 60 was an added benefit. She almost regretted not starting in Nahur city.

But she quickly regained her composure and she knew such games all too well. When she wasn’t shooting for advertisements or modelling, she had nothing to do. Thus she was introduced to the games when she used to chat as an ‘Anon’ on various websites just to pass time. After that, she didn’t need to go to chatting websites anymore. Whenever she was at home, she would play these games and after a year or so, she knew exactly how to play such games. She had been the leader of alliances in such games. She knew how much alliances help in procuring lands but she didn’t dare form one in this game. She was so excited to enter the game that she didn’t bother to change her appearance. And now only used a cotton cloth to wrap it around her face in order to not let anyone see her. She didn’t want to stand out because she knew that media companies would haunt her in real life if her identity is exposed this early.

Because of her experience, she knew what she had to do in order to level up fast and alone. Well, everyone knew, but not everyone dared to take such risks. However, she knew that without risks, one won’t get good results. She walked towards the city’s square.

After finding the shop that she was looking for, she entered it. An old lady welcomed her inside.

“Hello adventurer, are you here to look to buy a pet?”

Sana looked around. There wasn’t a single pet inside the shop. Forget about being caged, there wasn’t even one who was free. She wondered whether she had entered the right shop but the old lady’s words cleared her doubt.

“Yes, I am. But I don’t know anything about pets and I want to know about them in detail before purchasing one. Can you please explain about them to me?”

“Sure, why not? There are many types of pets but for adventurers, fighter types are more common. Merchants use transport type, while others also use home-pet types. As you can guess, home-pet types are usually small and cute creatures that are adored and are not for battles or transportation and are also very weak. They are quite famous among young pretty ladies like you and are very cheap as compared to fighter and transport type. Would you like one?”