seven

Young's apartment complex that she owned was decorated with red lanterns

Young's apartment complex that she owned was decorated with red lanterns. There was food laid out on the table for the roommates to eat. Young, Daniel, and Seongwoo cooked some food and bought some from the local markets. They were celebrating the new years.

There were candles lit up on the terrace to honor the gods and their family members that have passed away. Seongwoo was enjoying himself, eating while watching the television with Daniel and Young. Seongwoo got a tingling sensation in his stomach. His body stature went rigid and hard as he looked out of the window that was across the room.

A star was twinkling rapidly and brightly. Seongwoo sadly drooped his eyes to the carpeted floor and back up at the star. The star was sending him a message, but more calmly this time. It was blinking in an almost sad and sorry way. Seongwoo set down his plate of food and wiped his fingers onto a napkin. He looked at Young and Daniel who were talking in the kitchen together.

They were laughing and shoving each other as they prepared even more food. Daniel's childish laughter could be heard, blending together with Young's boisterous laugh. Seongwoo stared up at the ceiling, letting his eyes close tightly with sadness as the feeling of tears came to mind.

His eyelids felt hot and heavy as he willed the tears to stay behind. He could already feel the snot building up and he hated the feeling of it. As a god, Seongwoo had never cried before. Was this what it meant to be human? To feel so many emotions that couldn't be kept track of? He had a duty in the night sky to return to.

There were other humans waiting for their wish to come true. He couldn't let them down because he wanted to be human and stay with Daniel and Young. It was a sin, and he would betray his own kind. He couldn't do that to Jisung, but he couldn't just leave Daniel either.

Seongwoo bonded with Daniel in ways that he couldn't describe. He never had a friend as human as Daniel before.

It was such a weird concept for Seongwoo to understand—to have a human friend that loved him back. Humans were such fragile, but special creatures. Seongwoo wanted to know how it felt to feel fragile, and now his wish came true. His tears finally flowed down his cheeks. He hastily wiped them away before getting up to walk to the sliding door. He slid the door open and walked out onto the terrace.

Daniel and Young didn't even notice him step out. He looked behind him into the kitchen where the two were still talking and bonding. He smiled to himself and disappeared into the night. His tears left a trail to the stars as he returned to where he belonged, erasing their memories in the process.