Chapter 2: The Girl With The Red Eye

You lied there.

You lied upon a metal examination table, bound to the surface by your ankles and wrists with leather straps that showed their true age as they were faded, surface crackling. You lied staring at the ceiling of true darkness with very few lamps to account for. Scientists were running simple lab tests upon you; taking your pulse, blood sample, even a sedative to keep you within your plain absent-minded state. You were told time and time again that these were the last few tests you'll ever endure, you couldn't really find a reason to care if they were or weren't. You were tired of the lies. So many lies...

It was faint, a door had opened and closed from the left entrance of the room. Many scientists welcomed what you knew better than anyone else to be visitors from the head of the government. It was never the same face twice in a row. They check in on your state every three months, today, they were five days earlier than the scheduled examination date. You growled through your chest as this visit had completely disarranged your internal clock that you now had no choice but to adapt to. It just completely wrecks your train of thought for at the very least a week. The mean has came to a month and six days. The scientist's heads snapped to your settle growling.

"What's going on with her?" An official asked, backing away from your examination table exactly three steps from what your ears calculated.

"We run a strict schedule with the subject, we have to be extremely settle with any changes to her everyday life or else she's more hostile than usual. Remember how we were against this early visit?" The head scientist lamented on the official's actions which brought a faint smile upon your face. You actually had no clue the head scientist had paid that much attention to you. It was the only piece of respect you had within this hell hole.

The official gulped down thickly, "I came here early for a reason, thank you very much," the official tuts in a teasing manner directed at none other than yourself. He'll be the first man I kill once I'm out of here...

"Well it better be a damn good reason, now we need to inject double the sedatives into her bloodstream for our own safety. These sedatives aren't cheap and they slowly take away from her remaining years of life," the Scientist in turn, bit the plastic covering off of the end of a clear syringe, piercing your skin, your body ran cold.

Your eyelids were heavy. "F-Fuck..." Your head drooped to one side, eyes forced to a close. Now practically useless you lied there with nothing to rely on but your hearing.

The official stood by with eyes full of curiosity, examining your limp body. He felt the need to poke your arm once, stone cold to the touch. The Official was blown away by how fast the sedative worked. But maybe it worked too well, "Is she dead?" His features scrunched up.

"No," the head scientist huffed pinching the bridge of his nose. "But she's in a sleep as good as death."

"Damn," the official smiled like a child on his birthday. "She can't be that dangerous. Couldn't you just tie her down to the table? It'd make more sense to me."

The head scientist slammed his clipboard down upon your examination table. "That's where you're wrong," the Scientist felt that this Government Official is ridiculously stupid for his high position. "Sakazuki himself delivered and fed our subject here a devil fruit nearly one year ago without our okay. We can't restrain her with sea prism stone cause it interferes with our lab equipment. We have no choice but to use different tactics for our research."

"Anyways," the official completely ignored the man standing before him. "It's been two years, the Pirate Age had completely moved into the New World. If we don't send this deadly bitch into the field anytime soon, the pirates will succeed," there was an intense silence to follow. The Scientist was highly disgusted with the idea.