Chapter 19: Fight Fire With Fire

Sanji stood up straight with legs of steel ablaze like the death and hatred stuck on the mind like a catchy jingle. This pure hatred stained his eyes of sapphire, Kid couldn't sworn his eyes were crimson so he took on a defensive stance. The males stared at each other dead on whilst waiting for one or the other to make the first move for they both were sure to put up a fight to the grave. The tension was so thick, it was suffocating, a disease that pumped everyone else up for all out war. Meanwhile you struggled to just simply stand with numerous members of Kid's personal crew closing in on you liking their lips with hunger like the blood driven savages they were.

Nami glanced back at you, shoving you back desperately into the railing of the Sunny realizing your struggle to just simply stand. "(Y/n) sit back," she demanded.

"(Y/n) let us protect you," Robin pleaded unable to take her eyes off of the predators closing in on their prey.

"Stop it," you huffed. "This crew has done too much for me, it's about time I step up and do something in return"

"Not when you can't even stand. What makes you think you can fight in your condition?" Nami shot you the look of death that dampens your spirits much. I only want to help, this is my fight not theirs! I should've ran away the day Sanji fought me for my loyalty... If only I stayed a government dog, I wouldn't have this many enemies... An uproar ripped you from your thoughts, just to your right Sanji had dug his heels into the deck of the Sunny all the while pinned to the walls, pulling up the grass and dirt for Kid threw a punch with much brutality to push him back. Sanji had a foot pressed up against Kid's robotic arm to deflect the attack and refrain himself from harm but it was only giving the rival an upper hand. You were all so full of yourself, entangled in your thoughts to not realize Kid's crew simultaneously began to attack the other members of the crew as well. You were helpless witnessing the horror as Nami and Robin already struggled to hold up their end of the fight.

"I'm not hurt or anything..." You pushed up from the railing once again successfully standing, but slumped over with a pained groan to come from your gut. "The surgery itself never hurt me, more I'm sore and resting up. My 'overdrive' would be the equivalent of running a marathon and feeling exhausted the next day. I. Can. Fight," determination had taken over your feelings to make you this fearless woman determined to keep her crew safe no matter the cost. Despite how little time you've been a Straw Hat Pirate, you were a perfect representation of the beliefs Luffy portrays upon his crew as a true hero.

"(Y/n), we're a family, helping people in need is what we do. I understand you want to help... But right now you need us more than ever accept it," Nami gave you an affirmative nod, electrocuting an enemy with the thunderbolts of electricity stored within her staff.

"Just let me fight!" You pushed on the subject more than ever before.

"(Y/n) we're fine helping you more than you want!" Sanji growled, his eyes remained fixed on Kid but his mind remained fixed on nothing other than you.

"Sanji-"

"This crew has done much more than you could ever imagine just because one person was in danger. We've waged war with the entire world for crying out loud!" Sanji lets out a battle cry, finally managing to push up on Kid's overwhelming strength for an opening to attack.

"This just feels like too much," you gripped at your hair blinding your sight with strands of (h/c).

"We've saved an entire country on more than one occasion," Robin told you in desperation to get the point across.

"Saved two cities from Fishmen," Nami grinned sharing another look with you.

"Taken down almost if not all the warlords too," Robin tagged on.