Chapter 17

Please make me super happy and hit that star in the corner of your screen to vote!

♛ ♛ ♛

"Welcome to the party, party animal!"

"You're definitely drunk," I said as Olivia and I stepped around Cooper into Xander's house, but it was more so a mansion. Our words echoed off the marble-tiled floors.

"What! I'm not that drunk," Cooper slurred, shutting the door and following behind us as Olivia and I ogled the interior of the house. They mentioned his house was big, but they didn't mention that it was a freaking castle!

"It's literally 6pm, Coop," Olivia said and shook her head. "And you're drunk before the party even started."

"Where's Xander?" I asked, holding the birthday boy's gift in my hand just as Michael and the man himself entered the kitchen, along with Sabrina who arrived with Michael.

"Right here," he said with a subtle smile upon seeing me. At least I hope it was from seeing me.

"Happy 17th!" I shouted and wrapped my arms around his neck as his muscular arms slithered around my waist.

The action not only took me by surprise that I would suddenly break into his personal bubble, but it shocked the other four in the room.

"Thank you, gem," he said and laughed just as we pulled out of the far too intimate hug. I immediately missed the warmth and spark he gave.

"Ah, these must be your friends, Xander," a strong voice said from behind him. I looked past Xander to see a dainty woman and a man. Xander strongly resembled both. These had to be his parents.

"And your girlfriend?" His mother playfully smirked the same smirk as Xander. No wonder where he gets it from.

My eyes widened as I realized that she was referring to me. "No! No, I'm just a friend." I nodded rapidly, seeing her smirk grow even more. "We are just friends."

"I see," his father smiled softly, exchanging secretive looks with Xander's mom and with Michael. The accusations made a fiery red rise from my neck up to my cheeks. I never blushed, yet here I was.

Xander rubbed his neck and looked at us before back to his parents. "We really are just friends, you know."

"Uh huh," his mom laughed as they both approached closer to us in the living room.

One look at the couple, and you can majorly tell the difference. His mother was more witty and fiery, whereas his father was quiet but still powerful: a perfect balance.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kings and Mrs. Kings," I said with a nod in their direction after the others introduced themselves, except Michael since he's already met them.

"Call me Roy." His father shook my hand and returned the nod.

"Ugh, please call my Beatrice! 'Mrs. Kings' makes me feel old," she giggled, shaking my hand. "And it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Aurora."

I scrunched my brows. "How did you-"

"This kid won't shut the hell up about you, of course." Roy chortled.

"Dad!"

"Don't be fond of lying, Xander."

Xander rolled his eyes, and sat down on the couch next to an embarrassingly drunk Cooper. I took the seat next to Xander, my gift bag in hand.

"Well," Beatrice started, looking around at the group of teenagers, "Roy and I better be on our way for Big Bear soon, so Xander open your presents now."