Chapter 4

*Luke's POV*

"Before we get to tonight's game of capture the flag, I'd like to introduce you all to our newest campers. Matt Shey and Jacob Blu," says Dionysus, motioning to Shey and Jordan, who look at him like he grew a third head. Nicholas runs up to him, though slightly timid, and whispers in his ear. "Ah, my apologies. Shey Matthews and Jordan Jacobs. Lovely names, girls, lovely names."

When he says that Jordan is Poseidon's daughter, I see Annabeth, one of Athena's children tense up. Her boyfriend is also a child of Poseidon. Dionysus then looks at Shey, saying: "Shey, here, is a daughter of Hades." After he says this, not very well concealed whispers go through the entirety of the camp. Children of Hades aren't accepted well in camp. Nico, the first announced son of Hades at this camp, moves closer to the front of the crowd with and almost proud look on his face.

After a few minutes of silence, Dionysus deems me and Ethan the team captains. "You each may choose two people at a time, as a twist." He says before taking a seat and then pouring himself a glass of diet coke.

"You can go first," Ethan tells me, crossing his arms.

"Rookie move, buddy."

"What do you-"

"Jordan." She stares wide-eyed at me. Then Ethan. Then back at me. She and Shey exchange glances, and Shey then shrugs, elbowing her friend in the stomach. I'd seen them do that at the museum too.

"Still someone else to pick, Luke." Ethan informs, sending me daggers.

I scan the crowd. Ares kids are always a good choice, but they're reckless, not to mention irritating. I look at the Athena kids, they're good strategists. But I'm only comfortable with Annabeth. My eyes glancy over to Shey, and they stay. I notice that she has her arms crossed over her chest, like Nico and Ethan do when they're either pissed or lost in thought. I must say, she's attractive. Though I probably ruined any chances I had with her because I was a complete dick to her at first.  

I open my mouth to say Annabeth, but instead... "Shey."

She acts faster than Jordan does, and as she moves to stand next to Shey, I notice that she's biting her lower lip. I also suddenly find myself liking her habit. Adorable, even. I mentally slap myself, then listen as Ethan announces his pair.

"Nico and Annabeth."

This is gonna be fun; I can already tell.

~

A/N:

I hope you're all liking the story ^^ can we try and get 3 votes, and 3 comments on this one please?

Comment, vote, and share with your friends ^^