twelve

they searched everywhere for it. the classroom, the hallway, heck, even the club room!

however, they didn't manage to spy the aforementioned piece of paper. not even a single scrap of paper lay in sight.

presently, they were searching in class 3-5, hoping to find it. somehow.

"are you absolutely sure you didn't manage to find it?" hanamaki asked, wiping sweat off his brow.

"positive," oikawa replied, searching under yet another desk, "it's just got to be here somewhere!"

"what are you three doing?"

the three males looked up. at the doorway stood iwaizumi, looking at them with mild shock and curiosity written on his face.

"we... uh..." oikawa faltered, the lie dying on his lips.

"needed to find oikawa's missing paper clip," matsukawa interrupted, picking a random paper clip off the floor, "found it! here, oikawa, catch."

he tossed the paper clip in oikawa's direction, the thing sailing in the air and landing straight into the brunette's outstretched palms.

"thanks, matssun," oikawa said with a well-faked smile, "let's get to practice!"

the three picked themselves off the floor and hurried towards the door.

was he imagining it, or did oikawa really see iwaizumi glance at him for a brief moment when he was leaving the classroom?