chapter 3

Jerry's POV

I'm at a camp in Cambodia. I wish I could tell Marie all this. I haven't got one message from her at all these three years. Nobody else gets mail either but maybe it is because this place is very remote? But what about all the other places? Captain Luke  says he keeps getting notifications that we will be able to go back home In a month after our time here is done. I have some buddies that say they are going to stay in the marines, but not me I can't risk being away from Marie longer than these three long years.  The guys and I climb out of the underground camp and head to a market that we call cambo-market square. it has the finest fruits and meats the Cambodians have. we fill five huge sacks and head back to camp.

Marie's POV

When I returned home Matthew was playing video games in the living room. He looked up n looked surprised that today I wasn't crying. " hey um Marie there's a lot of mail here for you.", he said looking gloom. So many thoughts ran through my head.  Is he dead? Is this his farewell?? I picked up the bundle of envelopes and my hand flew to my mouth and I dropped to the floor. it was all the letters I ever sent him, they were all returned un-opened. I started crying and before I knew it Matthew was hugging me telling me it was gonna be fine while shoving a bunch of tissues at my eyes and running nose. so many things were still shooting through my mind I couldn't stop the crying. I eventually managed to lift myself up and he helped me to my room.