chapter 6

Matthew's POV

I waited maybe ten minutes and finally she came dashing out. I unlocked the door and she jumped in, I wondered how long it had been since she had been invited anywhere? she truly looked happy. But she had this look at dinner too, so my mom wouldn't suspect that she saw a therapist everyday and was truly sad that jerry was gone. The only place I could think to go was the music store.

"Marie would the music store be fine? I know you work there but I wanted to get some cassettes and some CD's."

"Mhm yeah anyway I have to pick up my paycheck. I finally got my whole week off so I get a bonus too." she boomed.

I felt so awkward how was i supposed to approach her this way?

" Um Marie how come you chose Jerry out of all the freshman class ...? you ultimately had your pick I remember you in middle school u were.....chubby. but you came back smaller n sweeter. So why Jerry?" I couldn't believe what I just asked and i expected her to like slap me, except she didn't.

" I don't know I really liked him. plus he was always sweeter than all the other guys and you weren't an option Matt because my friends knew I already liked Jerry I mean I did talk to you more and you were nice too and looked like Jerry but I knew it would be wrong so I chose to ignore you And I'm sorry for that but it was easier not to fall for you too."

too... so she was falling for me in high school all along?

Marie's POV

I said those things truthfully and dropped my head. I felt so awkward right now I never thought these words would come out right here and all I could think about was Jerry because he always knew I was faithful anyways I never have flirted or kissed Matt before so I still felt confident and okay. oh no! i felt Matt's hand on mine n I quickly pulled away. I pulled out my phone and started playing flappy bird... I was so mad. I didn't mean for it to sound like a welcoming...ugh am I really this convincing??

when we pulled up In front of the store i got out of the car immediately and walked inside. "Hey Arusa, Hey Trinity." I said walking into the checkout area. On cue Arusa handed me my paycheck n asked how Jerry was.. I told her about the letters being sent back n she could tell I was about to cry so she gave me a bear hug. Matthew walked into the store seconds later with tears in his eyes and Arusa looked at me and then i told her what me and Matt discussed in the car and how he tried to hold my hand and how I wasn't gonna be that girl. after I said my goodbyes and reunited with Matthew at the screamo section. "um Matt I'm sorry. are you okay? because you aren't the type to listen to screamo, or are you?"

I asked.

"Like I said I had to get a fee CD's and cassettes....I didn't say they were for me." he said picking up two CD's by Emmure and Bring me the Horizon.

I nodded and walked to the more lay sleezy rock and picked out an album of Sleeping with Sirens: Let's Cheers to This and  Mayday Parade: A Lesson In Romantics.

after that I payed on discount and waited for Matt at the front of the store.

Matthew's POV

I was still wondering what I should get for her. after I picked out what I was getting my friend for his birthday,I wanted to apologize to her with a CD I guess... I picked up an album from 5SOS and placed the 3 CD's and the two cassettes on the counter. after I payed I walked to Marie holding up the bag declaring we could leave. It was now two And I wondered if we should go home, but then I thought if it would just be video games David and Claudia would be playing when I got home? I decided to go to a Chic-Fil-A and ordered two chicken burgers and a ice cream cone and two lemonades. after the food was served we sat in silence in the booth. But it was better than her telling me to just leave her the hell alone. I looked up occasionally to see she was texting...maybe Claudia or Jewel I thought? Anyways, after we finished lunch we headed back Home and I parked she dashed Inside keeping her head down.

Claudia's POV

When Marie walked into the house David's lips and mine ripped apart. she came in head down, clearly her makeup was running down the sides of her cheeks....what happened I thought. I whispered in David's ear I was gonna go check on her and pecked him on the lips before standing and leaving.

I knocked on the door several times before I heard," Matt, go away if it is you."  so I opened the door and peeked my head in ,"hey, Marie are you okay we noticed you were crying when you ran in.... wanna talk about it?" I suggested. she simply nodded her head and told me what happened during the car ride and how awkward it is now. She even said that Matt was the only brother she felt she could turn to,and now it was ruined because he thought for a split second she had had feelings for him. As she was talking my eyes glanced at the bulletin board she has in the wall and say a picture of us.. it was and edit I made back in eighth grade. The words:heart broken by the Orozco boys And still smiling.

layed across the picture. After she silented my hand flew up to the picture and she began laughing. We so thought the Orozco twins wouldn't like us after eight grade, but we were wrong, as always.

Soon, David came knocking on the door saying he needed me. I wondered for what? he always says video games but I catch his drift, that's why I love him though. I say bye to her and exit the room.

"David!!", I squeal. once I closed the door he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck, I thought he would turn me around And kiss me. Instead he started tickling my stomach and neck. When we made it back to his room he threw himself on the bed and I popped Awkward. season one into the DVD player. We laughed as we watched and soon David was begging for it, but I'm not easy so he can wait. ;)

* updates coming soon I promise *