jimin

"hyungie! i'm so happy you're here. i was scared because you weren't here yesterday," the now ten-year-old pouted, hugging the older.

"yeah, sorry about that. i was busy," jimin nervously chuckled, scratching at the back of his now blonde head of hair.

"it's okay, jiminie! you're worth the wait," the younger giggled, giving the older a bear hug.

"yeah, thank you," jimin sighed. "i talk about you to my friends all the time. they want to meet you. when will i ever see you in real life?"

"i don't know, jimin. all you can do is dream," taehyung sighed, realizing the older must feel very frustrated throughout the day without him there.

"but i want you to come over! you could eat at my house and meet my older brother yoongi," jimin pouted, tears threatening to release.

"no! don't cry, chimmy... i'm sure we'll meet someday," taehyung said, kissing the top of jimin's curly strands.

"i hope so... i really love you, taehyungie," the boy said, wiping away his tears.

"i love you too," the slightly taller boy whispered. he really did love his best friend.

so much.

and jimin loves taehyung more than anyone.

"do you talk about me to your friends?" jimin asked, little hope in his voice.

"ah-um yeah," taehyung lied, scratching his ear, tilting his head, giving his box smile.

he doesn't exist.

at least, not that he knows.

the two boys walked through the forest, meeting their favorite tree.

the keeping tree.

or, that's what they call it.

instead of giving, it keeps.

it's where they share secrets and have those weird deep 10-year-old talks.

the tree would keep all of this information, never giving anything to anyone.

not even a leaf has fallen.

"taehyung, can i ask you something?" the blondie asked, sitting on one of the branches, leaning against the trunk.

"yeah, hit me," he replied. jimin could hear his giggle from the other side.

"am i crazy?" he asked, reaching his hand back to find taehyung's.

"crazy?" taehyung questioned, taking the olders hand into his.

"yeah, having my best friend being someone just in my dreams. i don't even know if you're real," he giggled over the sad reality.

"you're not crazy, jimin. i love you with all of my heart. a stupid dream can't change that," the younger sincerely said, squeezing jimin's hand.

"actually, yes it can. what if i stop dreaming about you?" jimin worriedly asked, trying not to cry again.

"that would never happen, jimin," taehyung said, unsure if what he said was true.

"thank you, tae. you always know how to comfort me," the older sighed, closing his eyes. "i think i have to wake up now. i'll see you tomorrow, taebaby."

"okay... bye, jimjom."

jimin has woke up from another dream.

oh how he wished these weren't dreams.

and he'd wake up next to the boy.

his best friend.

from another world.

_________________________

whelp

hope you liked it?

next chapter will be them present time

(17 in the book)