Chapter 23

~Chapter 23~

I don't know how long I was here. It seemed as if I was locked up for months. Yet it has only been two weeks. Three for Deborah. I feel guilty because for the first week, I went crazy, I tried to escape every chance I had. But at the end of the week I was tired, tired from running, tired from the punching me unconscious just so I could calm down. The second week, They uncuffed us all. Let us all out of the stuffy room. I thought we were finally free, that they gave into me. But I was wrong; we gave into them. For the whole week they stood around us like Romans guards in the bible, whip in hand and giving out nonsense commands, laughing as we fall to the ground in pain, then they would whip us until we get back up.

They gave out commands like, doing push ups, sit ups, forcing us to fight each other. There was no way out. Chef was suppose to fight Deborah, they were forcing him but he wouldn't do it. Because in order to win, you have to knock the opponent unconscious at least. He went crazy and they dragged him away and we never saw him since.

That was four days ago.

"Come on you idiots! You call yourselves a force, so prove it! You are so slow at cleaning up. We surprise you with a raw egg fight and you can't even clean it up!" One of the guards yelled. I crawled around licking the raw egg off the floor, they didn't feed us for days just to see us do this. We woke up this morning to a room filled with millions of broken eggs and they threatened us if we don't eat it clean they will take us to the same place Chef went to. These people are psychotic.

"Why- are they...They doing this?" I whisper to Joe as he passes me. I feel my mind blank and go dizzy and I blink to get back in focus.

"Revenge maybe? I don't know who runs this but we definitely poked the wrong bear." He growls back, but even the smallest bug can hear the defeat in his voice.

"Back to work boy," One of the guards came up and whipped Joe across his cheek. I jump and scream. The guard turns to me, and whipped my upper back, towards my neck. Tears stream down my cheeks as the pain settles, my head spins dizzily.

"Leave the girl alone and bring her to my office."A deep voice commands. I barely was able to see who, my vision regained as a guard grabbed my arm and forced me to my feet, my vision got blurry and I only saw a whisps of a blonde hair man coming towards me until I lost conscious.

***

My eyes slowly opened as I feel a good nights rest finally leave me. "Good sleep I hope?" A voice asks. I wanted to scream, but as soon as I turned I gasped instead.

Standing right in front of me was Ashton, my number two that I failed to take down when I was a part of the Haddix force.

"Recognize me? I surely remember you, I also remember you let me go." He says casually as he walks up to me slowly. He stood in front of me and grabbed my cheek and forced me to look at him. His eyes darkened. "Why did you let me run?" He asked.

Good question buddy, I ask myself that every day.

"WHY? What do you know about me?" He yelled, I flinched.

"I know nothing more than you crimes that made you the underdog of being America's most wanted." I seethed. I let a man go and he goes off and captures me and my friends and tortures us.

He looks at me confused, as if I just told him leprechauns are going to invade our world.

"Are you lying to me?" He asks.

"Why would I do that?" I ask him back.

"Because it made no sense as to why you let me run."

"Why should everything in the world make sense? Things happen for a reason." I say back, nonchalantly, I sit straight, hoping to look more confident but wince as the whips from earlier pain me.

"So what is the grand reason for letting me run?" He asks me. His tough roll left and he just looks genuinely curious.

I shrug. "God hasn't told me yet." I reply in a small voice.

"God?"

"Yeah, God. You know, the big man upstairs? He sent me the instinct to let you run, he must have a reason for that and I have enough faith in him. That or I am Totally insane." I reply.

He scrunches his eyebrows together, "You are most definitely insane, you let me go and this happens." He says, waving his hands around, motioning to this crappy place.

"I have enough faith." I repeat.

"Faith..." He whispers as if it is a foreign word. I sit their quietly and he backs away from me ready to let me go. I hesitantly stood up until he grabs my arm. "Before you blame yourself for this, just know....I may be apart of this, but I'm not in charge." He whispers to me. I give him a confused look until I am forced outside.

None of my friends are out here so I am lead to a room where we sleep. Everyone jumps as they see me enter, suddenly they surround me and give me hugs.

"I thought you would never return," Joe whispers in my ear.

"So what happened?" Planner asks me.

"Well Here is the problem, That was Ashton, and he is not the leader of this cult we are dealing with." I tell them in a low voice.

"Then who is?" Teller replies in a hoarse voice.

I look at everyone, some are understanding where I am going with. "I think we are dealing with America's most wanted and his little gang."

♪♫♪♫

A/N Short chappie I know, I miss you all so much but I had major writers block and a ton of school work! I will try and make it up to you guys.

~low key: we are not near the end ;)

~Comment, vote, follow, share?

~ I love you all and hope for your blessing and support on reading this book, so tell your friends about this!

~Jess <3