part 16

"Hey I'm doing a social experiment for my next video y'all want to help." I sit down. "What is it?" Daniel rustles a bag of chips. "I want to see how many people would stand up for domestic violence," I say. "Well go to a busy area and who ever plays the role of my boyfriend will push me, pull my hair, and hit me. Then we go somewhere else but do it reversed. And the rest of you will be somewhere distant enough not to look supious but close enough to record."

They all agree but Jack refuses to play the role of the abusive boyfriend so Jonah is stepping in. "Don't be afraid of hurting me. I can take it and I told Jack he can't do anything even when we get home. We have to make it look real." I say, while we waited for the boys to get in place. "Okay. They're in place let's go."

He wraps his arm around me to make it look real. We see the signal to start. "What did you say bitch." Jonah pushes me. "Jonah please let's wait til we get home to discuss this." I say. "No I'll talk about this now." He shouts. No ones saying anything.

"Time to kick it up a notch." I whisper. He nods. "I thought I told you to stay away from him." He grabs my hair but not hard enough to hurt me. I can tell he's worried about hurting me. No matter what I say none of these boys would actually hurt me, accidentally or on propose.

"Babe please there are people watching." I pretend to cry. Nobody does anything, so I wink which is the sign to start getting rougher. He 'smacks' me and let's go of my hair and I fall to the ground. "Hey you can't be doing that. You have to treat your lady with respect." A lady kneels beside me. "I told her to stay a way from him." Jonah says. "It doesn't matter what you told her you shouldn't hit her. Are you alright sweetie?" I very shakily nod my head. "See she's fine now come on we're leaving." He jerks me up by my arm.

"No she's not going anywhere with you." She pulls me into her chest "What's going on here." A young guy walks up to us. He's probably Jonah's age. "Nothing we were just leaving." Jonah pulls on my arm again. "Whoa dude no don't be pulling on you're girl like that." He puts himself between me and Jonah. "May I say something." I say really quitely. "Yes you can baby girl what is it?" The young man says. "This is a social experiment." The two laugh. "This is my real boyfriend and these are my very close friends." I point as they all walk up beside me.

"Okay I am so glad that was just a experiment." The elder lady holds her hand over her heart like old people do. "What was going through you guys mind. I mean what made y'all want to save some strange girl y'all didn't know." Jonah asks. "I just thought that I had to save her. It doesn't matter if she's a stranger," The lady says. "Then when you told her to come with you. I was like no. I was planning on leaving with you no matter what."

"My sister was actually a victim of domestic violence. So when I saw what was going on I had to help." "Well thank you guys so much." I hug them then our separate ways.

We do the same thing but swapped roles and in a different area. "No one helped Jonah. No one pulled me away from him. Nobody did anything," I say into my camera. "Guys can be abused in a relationship too. It's not just girls. And the fact that nobody helped makes me very disappointed of the society." I sit my camera down.

"Y'all did really good today." Jack says. "Thanks babe." I kiss him. All of our phones go off at the same time. It must be the group chat. I type and walk up to mine and Jack's room.

~~Groupchat~~
Lo❤: I'm bored y'all should come over
Jo💛: I'm down
Jacky💟: me two
Zachary💙: KONG!!!
Danny💚: I have nothing better to do
Bean💜: sure
Jewels💎: I have to edit
Lo❤: do it here
Jewels💎: if I do it there I won't get anything done
Jo💛: yea you will
Jacky💟: please babe
Zachary💙: we will let you work
Lo❤: we promise
Jewels💎: then what's the point of me being there if I'm just going to work
Danny💚: your presence is enough
Jewels💎: y'all promise I will be able to work. I have to post tomorrow
Lo❤: we promise
Jewels💎: fine😐
Jacky💟: okay we're on our way
~~End text~~

I grab my laptop, chargers for both my phone and laptop, and my camera. "You weren't joking when you said you had to edit." Zach says. "No I have yo post tomorrow and have a ton of footage to edit." I groan at the thought of the amount of work I have to do so I can post tomorrow.

"Just make sure you get some sleep tonight." Jack gets out of the car and helps me cause I almost fell. "I will I just want to get some done then I might finish it tomorrow."