Shopping

I roll over, but I'm met with a bunch of rocks falling on me. I gasp and jump up, but smile when I see Phoebe, Candice, Kat, Claire, and Nina. "I-I'm gonna k-kill him!" I say and they laugh. "I'm sorry, K! They made me do it!" He says and I roll my eyes, but chuckle none the less. "Your birthday is in two days! We're going shopping! We're throwing a party for you, but we're not gonna tell you anything else! We all need dresses for it!" Phoebe says and I laugh. "Okay." I say and they all smile.

We walk into the mall, and go straight to Forever 21. "We're also using this for birthday presents for you." Claire says and I laugh. We find Claire and Phoebe dresses, then walk to the next store.

"C-can we g-go to this s-store over here?" I ask pointing to the writer store I saw. They nod and we walk in. I can tell this isn't there kind of store, but I'm fangirling. I walk over to a book shelf and gasp when I see a beautiful, portable, blue typewriter. The girls come up to me with confused looks. "That's cool?" Nina says, but it comes out more as a question. "I-it's every writers d-dream to be able to w-write on a t-typewriter!" I squeal and they laugh. "Do you want it?" Claire asks, and I nod my head frantically. They all laugh, but we're interrupted when my phone rings.

H-Hello?
Katie, you have classes in an hour.
I-I know. I-I'll be there!
You can talk without stuttering as much now.
I-I'm with m-my friends.
Okay, well we'll be pushing 9 instead of 8 today.
Okay

I hang up and the girls look at me confused. "I n-need to go." I say and they nod.

I get out of my car and walk up to the door. It opens, and I'm met with Amy. "Katie's here!" She yells and I flinch. She apologizes, then opens the door for me. I walk in, and I'm attacked by a little girl, who then wraps her arms around my waist. "Hey, babe!" I say and rub the back of her head.

Here's the deal. I've been here in Atlanta before. When I was fourteen, Ian brought me here for summer break. I met this lady who was able to help me with my stuttering. It got better, but then I had to go back with dad, and it got worse again. The lady actually runs a home for girls, and she helps people who stutter. I've been coming here for a week since I got back. Eight hours a day. I want to surprise everyone with my stutter free at my birthday party.

Amy pulls back and I smile at her. Ms. Dalila comes down the stairs and smiles at me then motions for me. "Let's get going!" She says and I nod then walk up the stairs.