Chapter 5: Assholes

-Dean POV- 

The day started off bad, I woke up to Sammy's hand on my shoulder (it's a sign I made for when I was asleep and something bad happened, for Sammy had a way to wake me up immediately.) He woke me up because we were late for school. I had to get up as fast as possible, throwing on a pair of dirty sweatpants and a green long-sleeved shirt and speed out the door, not before grabbing my bag, Sammy following closely behind. 

After dropping Sam off (he got a lunch detention for being so late), I quickly threw my empty bag in my locker and sped for Novak's class. As soon as I opened the classroom door, of course, all eyes were on me. 

"Sorry, I'm late." Novak had concern in his eyes, I mean I understand it, the third day of school and there's already a student who gets bullied, comes to school with bruises, and has been late every day since the beginning of the year. 

"It's alright, Dean... Though you are going to have to see me after class." Novak looked like he didn't wanna make me stay, maybe he doesn't like me and doesn't wanna deal with it but I dunno. 

Instead of replying I turned and walked to the back of the class, sitting in the furthest back open seat. Glaring bitterly when I noticed the dirty grey sweatpants I was wearing, Oh god... hopefully Novak didn't noti

Wait, why do I care what my teacher thinks? 

And regardless the sweatpants are like 2 sizes too big of course he noticed.

I felt my face heat up, I knew anyone who looked at me would see my flaming red face.

 ______________________________________

Novak's class was long and boring. The only entertaining thing to do was stare at him. Which, made my face heat up more than once through class... the blush was low, if you know what I mean. After class, I waited for all my classmates to exit, which takes for some reason a lot of time... One girl literally packed every single piece of paper she had into her binder one at a time. When she finally got up an left, Novak closed the door,

"Ay... I'm real sorry for always being late... it's just I gotta take my brother to school and this morning I woke up late."  

Novak shook his head, his eyes squinted, which was intimating by accident, and kinda hot too... That's an... odd thought. 

"It's alright, Dean. Though shouldn't your father take your brother to school?" He paused, his eyes looking at mine, "Sorry... I'm not trying to pry, I'm just concerned."

"Yeah... I can understand why." I laugh bitterly, try to make Novak feel better. He cracks a small smile but besides that, his face stays squinched up. "My brother doesn't start school til' after class starts here so I kinda gotta drop him off first. I'll see if he can go in earlier... or something." 

Novak nodded, "Do you walk here?" 

The question itself wasn't personal, but for some reason, it felt personal. 

"Uh, Yeah... My dad doesn't like driving us..." 

He nodded again, His pretty face pulling into a small smile. "If you'd like we could arrange a ride for you. I think the school has a program-" 

"Nah, Teach. I don't really like those... Tried them a few years back and all they did was question me about my family life and blah blah..."  Novak tilted his head, His eyebrows furrowing, He quickly recovered, giving a small smile again. 

"I could arrange for me to pick up you and your brother if you'd like... I just need permission from your father and Crow- Mr. Crowley."