Chapter 4: Competition and Abby's breakdown

That saturday morning at 6:00 AM, the sound of an alarm clock Jason woke up from his sleep, stretched and yawned because it was competition day. for some weird reason, his car couldn't be fixed so he had no other choice to sell it's parts and it was scrapped hours later, so until he got a new car, he was gonna ride with Abby.

He then got up from the bed and made it so it would be neat until later on tonight when he goes to sleep. Jason walked to the bathroom and jumped in the shower, washed his long dark hair and after 6 minutes of showering, he put his dance clothes, which were some men's jazz pants, dancing shoes and a sequined snap front leotard in his bag and the clothes that he put on to travel was a red tracksuit with the ALDC logo that was made for him when he graduated from the studio and he left his room and ran into Abby, who was in pajamas and her hair was in curlers.

"Morning, Jason." Abby greeted groggily

"Good morning, mom." Jason replied, with a burst of energy.

"I don't know why you're full of energy already."

"I'm just ready to dance."

"That's good to know." Abby stated as she got in the bathroom and then she came out with her makeup and lipstick on, she was wearing a sequin camisole, black pants and a black jacket.

"You got everything?" Abby asked.

"Yep." Jason replied, then Abby backed out of the driveway and the two headed to the parking lot of the studio where the other girls were, then they all put their suitcases on to the bus and got on, but somebody was missing.

"Jason, do you know where Cathy is? she should have been here getting on the bus with all of us!" Abby asked, as Jim got into the driver's seat and he sat next to his mother.

"Just to let you know, Christi told me that Cathy is actually gonna drive to the competition with Vivi-Anne, she said that Cathy doesn't like riding the bus." Jason explained, that put an angry look on Abby's face because she knew, if a mom didn't ride the bus, then she's not being a team player.

"Cathy is not being a team player for not riding the bus, she's being a one person show, riding the bus to a competition shows that you are a part of the team!"

"I concour."

Hours later, they arrived at Starpower in atlantic city. Jason decided to carry most of the suitcases as they unloaded as Abby went to check the team in. She came back and saw Jason, the moms and the girls finish unloading the bus and followed her and looked for the green room.

"Here's our dressing room!" Jason pointed out as he saw the door say ALDC and then they entered the dressing room to get ready for the competition as he, the moms and girls entered as Abby opened the door to let them enter first.

"Ok, the solos will be first up!"

Melissa, Kelly and Christi gave the thumbs up as they started to work on the hairs of Maddie, Paige and Chloe and then the door opened, bringing in Cathy and Vivi, who drove to the competition.

"About time you showed up, Cathy!" Jason said.

"I was uncomfortable riding the bus, so driving was the best thing for me and Vivi." Cathy replied.

"You should ride the bus with us, it shows you're a team player when you ride the bus." Christi said.

"Christi, i don't ride buses, i think driving is more comfortable and at least i showed up, does that count as being a team player?"

"No, riding the bus show you want to be a commited member of the Abby Lee Dance Company, if you choose to drive, that's your choice, but you're showing that you're being a one person show." Abby explained and after make up, Maddie, Chloe and Paige had different costumes and they were sequined, then the three girls headed to the stage as Abby, the moms, and the girls who didn't have solos all took their seats.