Chapter 7: Jason's Date with Payton

That upcoming thursday had arrived and Jason was seen in the bathroom getting ready to go out with Payton to see if she was the one for him, but he also would have a date with Brooke the next day and he and Abby hoped this would work out and would help him choose who he wanted to be with as it was 6:30 PM.

After he came out fo the bathroom from taking a shower, he headed to his room to find what he could put on for his date with Payton. Jason wasn't gonna put on something too sharp, he was gonna go with some simple clothes as he chose a black button up shirt, blue jeans and sneakers and came downstairs.

"How do i look?" Jason asked his mother and grandmother.

"I think you look cute wearing a black shirt and jeans, it shows that you want to look your best." Abby stated.

"You look good." Maryen told her grandson.

Meanwhile, at the Ackerman household, Payton was getting ready for the date with Jason that Abby had set up and it took her 30 minutes to, she had on some capris and a shirt and her hair

"You look fantastic, Payton!" Taylor complimented her younger sister.

"Thanks, Tay." Payton replied.

"I bet Jason's jaw is gonna drop when he sees how beautiful you look." Connor added, then he heard the doorbell ring, which signaled that Jason had arrived, then he got up and walked to the door and opened it, then he saw Jason standing there. "Payton, he's here!"

Payton came from her room and saw Jason looking his best and it made her smile widely at seeing Jason looking his best and he couldn't help but admire Payton's beauty.

"You look handsome, Jason." Payton said.

"You look Beautiful, Payton." Jason complimented.

"You two have fun, but not too much fun though." Leslie stated.

"Ok, i'll have her home by 9:30 at the latest." Jason said as he took Payton by the hand, but she slightly squeezed his hand too tightly, but he grimaced under his breath as they walked to the car and he was about to open the door for her to get in.

"I can get in myself." Payton said as she opened the door and got in the car as Jason got in the driver's seat and drove down the road.

"What do you want to do first?"

"I want to see a movie called Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer."

"Whatever you say, Payton." Jason said, then they arrived at a movie theater and slowly, he parked the car to make sure he didn't hit anything, then they got out of the car, Payton had decided to get out of the car before Jason could ask her if he wanted to open the door for her, but that didn't phase him as they got their buttered popcorn, soft drinks and then they entered a theater room where the movie was gonna be shown and they sat in the front row and after an hour and 31 minutes of the film being shown, they walked out.

"What did you think of that movie?" Payton asked.

"That was a decent movie, not good, not bad, but just decent." Jason answered as Payton rolled her eyes, she thought it was a good movie as they both got in the car and headed out of the parking lot. "Did i forget to tell you that i got two tickets to the Penguins vs Blackhawks game? i was gonna ask my brother to go with me, but he didn't want to."

"Well, we can do that." Jason said as they headed down the expressway and it didn't take them long to arrive at the CONSOL Energy Center, where there were a hoard of Penguins fans entering the arena with some Blackhawks fans coming in, they got out of the car and after showing their tickets, they entered the arena and took their seats to watch the game.

The game ended at 9:05 PM with the Blackhawks coming from a 6-0 deficit to win the game as Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews scored the last two goals which won them the game as Payton and Jason were seen leaving the arena and headed to the parking lot to get in the car for Jason to take Payton back home and it only took 10 minutes for them to get back to Payton's house.

"Jason, i had a good time tonight." Payton said.

"Me too, it was a good date." Jason replied as Payton got out of the car. Payton had a look on her face that meant that she might have his heart in the bag, but she didn't know yet.

"See you at the studio tomorrow." Then Payton went inside of her house as Jason drove off to his house and it didn't take him long to arrive back at the house as it was 9:30 PM, he carefully parked his mother's car in the driveway that leads to the garage, he got out and locked the car door with the keys in his hand and ent.

"Mom, i'm home!" Jason called.

"How did it go with Payton?" Abby asked her son after he had just walked into the house and locked the door.

"It was good, we went to see a movie and saw a Pittsburgh Penguins game, the Penguins faced off against the Chicago Blackhawks, but sadly the Blackhawks won the game when Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane scored two goals, the first goal tied the game and the second one was the one that won it for them, the score was 7-6, but it was a good game."

"That was a good date, maybe your date with Brooke could surpass that." Abby joked, but in the back of her mind, she knew that her son had to make the decision on who he likes.

"Who knows? Well, i'm kinda tired and it's getting late, i'm gonna go hit the sack. Good night, mom." Jason said after he had just yawned and then he kissed Abby on the cheek.

"Good night, sweetie." Abby replied to her son as she saw him walk to his room to get ready for bed, then an hour later, she got up from the sofa and got ready for bed herself and Broadway Baby was asleep next to her bed, but sometimes, the poodle would sleep in Jason's room.