Chapter 1: Aftermath

"Devin..." Bommie froze. He had never known that his cute little pet could talk. Devin looked worried.

"Yeah, I can talk..." Devin said.

"Why you no talk until now?" Bommie asked, genuinely confused.

"Well..." Devin went silent.

"Oh! Bommie understand! Okay, I will no make you ask!" Bommie exclaimed. He was surprisingly happy after battling with Satan. Most normal people wouldn't be this way, but Bommie wasn't a normal person. Dommie, however, was scarred from the experience.

Dommie had curled his knees up to his chest. He was rocking back and forth on the floor. Devin tried to walk over to comfort him, but Dommie skittered away. Devin understood- he had almost offered him to Satan. But still, how were they to live happily ever after if Dommie was terrified and unable to talk?

"Uh.. bye?" Bommie said, watching Dommie walk away, mumbling something unintelligible.

"So..." Bommie had no idea what to do, now that his silent little pup wasn't as silent as he thought. The two sat there, sitting on the grass next to Bommie's house, until a figure with a microphone approached. Nor Bommie or Devin could make out who they were, until they came a little bit closer. It was Deena Sawbeek! Bommie's idle!

"Oh, hey there!" Deena said. "What's that little pet you got there? It's adorable!" She said.

"Oh... that is Devin! He is dog! He does... stuff!" Bommie yelled. Bommie's high pitched voice caused Deena to plug her ears, but she smiled just to be nice.

"Hang on, could you sign my potartar chap bag?" Bommie asked, jumping up and down.

"Of course!" Deena took out a marker from her pocket and signed the bag.

"I'm sorry. I need to go now, but I hope to see you soon!" said Deena.

"NOO! DON'T GO! BOMMIE WANT STAY!" Bommie shouted, clutching on to Deena's black shirt.

All of the commotion brought Mommie and Synthia out from the house. They were completely oblivious that Bommie had ever been missing. Synthia was also a big Deena Sawbeek fan, but Mommie thought that she was a little overrated. Synthia went over to shake Deena's hand while Mommie tore Bommie away and brought him inside. Devin followed patiently behind them.

By the time Synthia came back inside, Mommie had fixed Bommie a cup of hot chopolack and she was happily humming. Synthia and Bommie sat at the table, and then Mommie joined, too. Devin was sitting calmly on Bommie's head as usual, trying to go to sleep.

"I have big news!" Synthia announced. "Deena offered me a job!"

"Oh, really?" Bommie asked.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure if I'll get it. I'm supposed to be replacing Cookie Katrick." Synthia said.

"What happened to Cookie?" Mommie asked.

"Quit. Not sure what happened." Synthia said.

"Wait... quit?!" Bommie yelled. Bommie's second favorite idle officially quit his absolute favorite show.

"Is... coming back?" Bommie said, crying.

"I don't think so, but at least you'll get to see me on-" Synthia got cut off my Bommie's loud sobbing.

"You aren't excited to see me on the big screen? Come on, you'll love me!" Synthia said.

"But... I'm not sure if she's gonna let me in. I'm not the only one that got chosen. In fact, I'm pretty sure she was only outside to find people. We'll just have to wait and see."

"So, when are the auditions?" Bommie asked, sniffing a little.

"Apparently tomorrow. I better get some rest though." Synthia said, yawning. She walked over to her room.

"Bommie, where have been?" Mommie asked.

"Oh, I was battling with Satan after I found out Devin was actually a devil that wanted to kill me and take my soul but then I found out that he actually wanted to kill my other friend Dommie." Bommie said, gasping for air.

"You are the so creative." Mommie said.

"No, it was real! Just ask Devin!" Bommie said.

"Hey Devin, is he telling the truth?" Mommie asked, having no idea Devin had the capability to speak. Devin went silent, causing Mommie to laugh playfully.

"Alright, I gonna go do sleep now." Mommie said, walking off. Bommie eventually walked to his room, too.