Chapter 8: Missing

Bommie yelled, "Dad. I came to talk to you." He jumped down onto the ground, staring Abenation in the eyes.

"I want answers," Bommie demanded. "Talk to me! What's wrong with you?"

Abenation punched Bommie directly in the face.

Bommie reeled away from him, blood dripping from his nose. He had never been hit by someone before. He ran and jumped back onto the tree and started desperately climbing, branch after branch. He wasn't thinking anymore- his instincts had kicked in. Abenation clearly wasn't able to calmly discuss anything with him. Bommie just needed to survive.

Abenation, only making animal-like noises, climbed up the tree with fury in his eyes. He grabbed onto Bommie's leg, missed, and went tumbling down. He landed head first, giving him major injuries. He could barely walk. Abenation fell down the tree and landed on his legs. He picked up Bommie my the legs and spun him around, making him extremely sick. Abenation let go of Bommie causing him to go flying, landing directly on a rock. He went completely unconscious. Devin ran over with tears in his eyes.

"Bommie?!" Devin wailed. "Wake up!" Devin began to shake Bommie back and forth violently, hoping to wake his blue haired friend. Abenation, seeing Devin in a weak state of mind, ran over and grabbed Devin. However, Abenation hadn't realized that Devin was more than an ordinary dog. Although Devin had renounced his devilish past, he still retained some of the demonic powers of his kind, including extreme heat.

The "dog" had turned extremely hot in his hands, giving him third-degree burns. Abenation dropped Devin and took a couple of steps back, right over a large protruding root of the nearby tree. Abenation stumbled and fell on his behind, just as Bommie rose up, holding a huge jagged rock he had found on the ground.

This was Bommie's moment. He could end Abenation's reign of terror forever. He just needed to drop the rock! But was killing his father really the right thing to do?

"Do it, Bommie!" Devin yelled. "Please, it's your only choice! Remember what Human said?"

"No! It isn't right!" Bommie hissed. Bommie's weak arms were shaking. He was carrying a ginormous rock, after all. The rock fell from his hands, right on to Abenation's face. Bommie froze. Could Abenation be dead?

Abenation let out a soft groan. Bommie sprang into action. He whipped out his flip phone and called 199.

"Emergency!" he yelled into the phone, "My father needs immediate attention!"

"Bommie, what are you doing?" asked Devin.

"I'm not like him!" Bommie answered. "I don't try to kill people!"

Bommie ripped off his dirty striped shirt and wrapped it around Abenation's head, controlling the blood. Abenation looked up at Bommie. He ignored his stare, though.

"Where is the ambulance?" Devin asked. "They should be here by now..."

"I don't know. Abenation doesn't look like he's in good condition, though. His face is turning pale." Bommie panicked.

Just then, the ambulance came crashing through the trees. A couple of paramedics jumped out, including...Quinn?

"Quinn, what are you doing here?" Bommie asked, dumbfounded.

"Let's just say I got a little tired of selling chaps! Now, where is the patient?"

"He's right there... but you need to be careful. He's violent and dangerous." Bommie sighed, a lifetime of sadness in his voice.

Quinn and their team injected Abenation with enough morphine to knock him out for the ride back, then strapped him into a stretcher. Quinn ruffled Bommie's hair.