Chapter 21: A Kindness

I find it almost ironic that I had them raise their fists into the air as a sign of victory...only for Ash to practically do that almost every major time he went Ash-Greninja...Ah, whatever, excuse my ramblings. Chapter 21 time!

Chapter 21

A Kindness

"Ninja! Ja! Ja!" Greninja cried out, flinging large quantities of Water Shuriken at the giant flower, but all of them just bounced off harmlessly. Ash groaned a little and ordered a Thunderbolt. Pikachu delivered, lighting up with bursting electricity before sending it flying. It struck the Weapon, but didn't leave a dent in it. Michael sighed, though he still had a rather nasty grin on his face.

"You won't be able to touch it," he said tauntingly. "I'm not having you ruin my plans like you seem to do every time. I took precautions against that very thing."

"Who cares? That's not gonna stop me from trying! Goodra, use Dragon Pulse!" Ash cried out. Goodra's mouth opened and fired the purple, draconic beam straight at the Weapon, cutting along its side, yet once again leaving nothing behind. Raichu quickly came from behind, slamming an Iron Tail against the surface that also did nothing.

"He must have put up some sort of barrier," Jack commented, glaring over at Michael. The man wore a knowing, but never telling, smile. "You always were crafty."

"Well then, we'll just combine attacks! Everyone, aim right at that point!" Ash said, pointing at the bulb that appeared to be right in the middle of the Weapon. All of his Pokémon cried out proudly and proceeded to send any long range attack that they could straight at the bulb. Only Hawlucha didn't join in on the attack as the combined Water Shuriken, Dragon Pulse, Boomburst, Razor Wind and Thunderbolt were sent out in an arcing line towards the bulb.

"Oh, enough of this foolishness. Dragon Pulse," Michael said lazily. Ash growled as he whipped towards Michael to see the Dragon Pulse collide with the attacks and break it apart before it could hit. "Not that I'm worried, but I'm not going to stand here and let you try!"

"Yeah, well, we're not gonna let you win!" Ash declared, sweeping his hand across himself. "Hawlucha, Karate Chop!"

"Lucha!" Hawlucha cried out enthusiastically. He had clearly been waiting for a chance to get back into the battle. Brandishing his fist with a bright light, he ran right at Hydreigon, whose three heads were snarling loudly. "Guys, you just keep pummeling at the console and the Weapon."

"Bad idea, Ash," Jack warned him. Ash looked at him curiously right as Hawlucha slammed down upon Hydreigon's heads with his powerful Karate Chop. "We have no idea if destroying the console will do anything and we may need it to stop this thing. Who knows how he's set that Weapon to fire. Keeping him away from it is well and good but attacking is a bad idea."

"All right, then! Just attack the Weapon, everyone, and dad, help them out!"

"You're directing me?" Jack asked enthusiastically. Ash just grinned at him. "All right then. Latias, sweetheart, help an old man out! You, as well, Raichu! All of you, let's destroy that weapon!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu cried, leading the rest of the Pokémon in a cheer. Hawlucha landed upon the ground with a grin, ready to face off against Michael. Ash gave a nod to his entire team, filling them with confidence as Jack ordered off the first slew of attacks.

"Acrobatics," Michael said, still in the same bored tone of voice. Hydreigon hissed once more and zoomed up into the air as Latias blasted backwards and fired a Mist Ball off at the bulb, once more the attack doing nothing to its surface. Hydreigon's body glowed a light blue and it zigzagged through the air.