An Epilogue

A short little epilogue now that we've reached the end. Yes, the end. Please enjoy, and I'll see you below.

An Epilogue

Seven Years Later...

"Dedenne, use Parabolic Charge!" Bonnie's voice echoed powerfully from the television.

"Nene!" Dedenne screamed, a large orb of electricity rising from its whiskers before firing at its opponent. The Antenna Pokémon stood still as some energy returned to him, and the opponent before him fell.

"Gallade is unable to battle, which means Dedenne is the winner," the referee called out, waving his flag.

"You heard him, folks! Bonnie has won the battle against-" Kalas' voice was suddenly cut off by Santalune City's Nurse Joy calling out for a group of trainers' Pokémon to be picked up. The kids ran over to her with glee, but by the time they had quieted down, Serena had missed most of the details about Bonnie's victory over her opponent. "Well, with that, our third day of the Kalos Team Tournament comes to an end. What a shocker it's been, huh?"

"I'm not all that surprised," Clemont's voice came over the television. Serena's lips wrapped upwards into a smile as she saw the image of the commentator's box at the Kalos Team Tournament show on the screen. Right in the middle was Kalas, but flanking him at his sides were Clemont and Alain, along with the woman Serena recognized as Chrissy, formerly the assistant to, and now was, the mayor of Ancien City. "Bonnie's always been rather...unorthodox."

"We all know where she learned that from," Alain commented with a soft smile. "Regardless, for all the time that Dedenne appears to sleep, when he gets into battle, he's a force to be reckoned with."

"That's my sister. No doubt her team is in position to win it all," Clemont noted. Serena was inclined to agree. Bonnie and her group of companions had managed to all but sweep the competition. Well, not entirely; one team had managed to give her a bit of a hard time, but in true Bonnie fashion, she had persevered through it, never giving up. "Then again, anything can happen. Our team started off in last place but still managed to win!"

"Ah, and what a victory that was!" Kalas commented with gusto. "I still remember it to this day, but this isn't the time nor the place for it. Right now, we're focusing on this year's Kalos Team Tournament. So, until tomorrow, folks! We'll see you then!"

The footage cut off and displayed the current scoreboard for the Kalos Team Tournament, with Bonnie's team leading the pack. Serena sat back a little, hitching her bag slightly on her shoulders, making sure that her now shoulder length hair didn't get in the way, despite it being tied up. It was nice to take a break from things and Serena took a moment to glance at the clock on the wall.

He was late.

Shaking her head, Serena stood and stretched, her arms going wide. Time had been kind to her, making her even more expressly beautiful than she had been when she was younger (or so she was told), though it helped when one was in the most glamorous industry there was, other than fashion. Glancing back at the TV, which now was showing highlights of an Elite Four member's match against the Champion of the Hoenn region, Serena tapped her foot slightly. She wasn't normally this impatient, but it had been his idea for them to meet here at this time.

"Excuse me," chirped a girl's voice. Serena turned and caught sight of a younger girl, roughly the age she was at the time of the Kalos Team Tournament (ironically, almost the same age Bonnie was now). A Fletchling and a Pichu were perched on her shoulders as she seemed to stare adoringly up at Serena.

"Can I help you?" Serena asked, smiling sweetly at the girl.

"You're Serena, right? Former Kalos Queen and Honor of Kalos recipient Serena?" Serena was taken aback by this girl recognizing her. Not that it was difficult to. She had been the one to dethrone Aria as Kalos Queen and reigned for a good two years before another young Performer had managed to dethrone her. After that she took to promoting products and choosing to travel around making people smile, all to live up to that promise she'd made seven years ago. It was clearly effective.