ii

⟡

it's raining again, people rushing to get home holding onto their umbrellas not taking a second glance at the restaurants and stores around them— yet alone the bakery.

  "jisoo-ah, any new customers?" a women yelled from the kitchen.

  "no, not yet, auntie!" the young girl answered back.

jisoo moved to seoul a couple weeks ago, her mother had died in busan; her dream was to open up the most popular bakery in seoul along with her sister. jisoo is determined to make that dream come true, but her hopes are kind of low at this point.

auntie choi walked from the kitchen to her niece, "things will get better, jiji! keep your head up and good things will come."

jisoo smiles a bit, "thank you, auntie." her aunt gave her arm a little squeeze before heading back into the kitchen.

she sighs and watches the rain fall outside the store windows, she was hoping the boy would come again, but knowing the rain might stop him. he was a bit mysterious, she only saw his slight smile and a bit of his eyes, but most of it was covered by the brim of his hat.

'windows of the soul' her mother called them, they might say one thing, but their eyes will say something totally opposite.

  "hello." someone said as the bell hanging above the door rings.

jisoo recognizes the voice and smiles, "you're back!"

"yeah, that strawberry shortcake was amazing. i just had to come back." he is not wearing his hat today showing off his blue-white hair, his eyes were a deep brown like chocolate.

  "auntie choi would love to hear that, starwberry shortcake then?"

the boy looked at the desserts on front of him, "actually, i'll try this one." he pointed at the pudding that has raspberries on top.

jisoo nods, "chocolate mousse." she pushes it into the cash register along with the money.
she started to get a cover for the cup, but he stopped her.

"no, it's alright, i'll eat it here today." he smiled, "since it's raining."

she smiles back, "alright." she hands him the cup of mousse, "enjoy!"

he smiled and went to sit down, then he turned to look at her, "can you sit with me?"

jisoo looks at the door, no one seemed to be coming and her aunt is busy in the kitchen. "sure." she takes off her apron and opens the counter to go sit with him.