x

⟡

jisoo and yoongi finally make it to busan. jisoo smiles recognizing the train station they arrived at.

  "welcome back home!" yoongi exclaims with a big smile as they walk out into the city.

she smiles back, remembering all her memories here. "so," she looks up at yoongi, "where to first?"

  "you lead the way."

jisoo taps her chin like she's thinking, "we need some flowers and a bus ride."

yoongi nods and follows her to the flower shop.

"where are we going exactly?" yoongi whispers to jisoo.

"to my old neighborhood." she replies, holding onto the bouquet of flowers she bought. he nods and sighs, hoping it won't take too long. "don't worry, our stop is almost here."

after a few minutes, the bus stops. jisoo and yoongi thank the bus driver before they walk out.

"my house was that one." jisoo points as they walk, "it is now home to a man, his wife, and his three kids."

yoongi nods, taking in everything. imagining what it must've felt like to loose your mother, your house, then to move to a new city to instantly start a new life in such a short time.

"it must've been hard for you..."

she shakes her head, "no, not really. i had, still have aunt choi," then she turns and smiles at him, "plus a person i've met."

jisoo kneels down and places the bouquet next to the grave. she rubs her fingers against the engraving, 'kim seoyoung'.

  "hi, eomma. it's jisoo... happy birthday. i know how much you love getting flowers on your birthday." she chuckles a bit, "they didn't have your favorite ones, but i hope you like the one i picked out." jisoo takes a deep breath and continues, "i miss you...a lot, so does auntie... we opened up a bakery back in seoul, it's not as popular as you hoped, but we're still trying. i hope you're okay up there, you don't have to worry about me... i have someone to help me." jisoo gestures yoongi to sit next to her. he does and crouches beside her. "eomma, this is min yoongi. he is the bakery's first customer..." she smiles at him, "...and my first friend."

yoongi bows as if her mother is actually there, "hello, eomma kim... your jisoo is very happy, don't worry. i promised to help her and she promised to help me. your daughter is a king and good person, i will look after her well." he bows again and looks over at jisoo, who smiles and wipes her tears. yoongi pulls her into a hug as she leans onto his shoulder.

jisoo tries to stop the tears as yoongi rubs her arm in comfort, "thank you for everything."

  "no problem." he leans his head on her's. after a few moments he gives her a squeeze, "let's go?"

she nods, "happy birthday, eomma... i love you." jisoo blows a kiss before getting up and heading back to the bus stop.