vii

⟡

it's pouring outside just as the forecast said. yoongi watches the rain fall and debating whether to go see jisoo or not, she did look pretty upset yesterday.

repeatedly going back and forth from the couch to the door, he finally decides to go out, swings on his coat and putting on his hat and goes out the door.

when yoongi arrives, jisoo is busy with customers, which is strange because of the rain.

  "welcome!" aunt choi says when she sees him, he bows and goes to the glass case. "what would you like sir?"

yoongi looks up and smiles sheepishly, "i'm not sure," he glances at jisoo for a second before looking back to the desserts.

  "take your time, my niece will help you when you're ready. jisoo," she looks up at her aunt, "can you help this gentleman while i help the next customer?"

  "s-sure."

jisoo goes over to yoongi, "see anything you'd like?"

  "yeah, uh, i'll have the tiramisu cake." he points and looks at her, but she doesn't look at him. he feels a little bit disappointed.

like jisoo read his mind, she doesn't pack it up in a box, she puts it on a plate.

jisoo not even once looks up at him when he was at the register paying, he just took his piece of cake and sat at the table in the corner alone.

"i'm taking a break." he hears aunt choi say to jisoo.

"okay, i'm going to stay a bit just in case someone comes."

the kitchen door opens and closes, leaving the two young adults alone in the empty bakery. after a while, yoongi hears a sigh and the counter hatch open. he looks up and sees jisoo walking towards him. she gives him a slight smile before sitting across from him. they don't talk for a short moment until yoongi puts down his fork and leans back into the chair.

"how did you—"

"i guessed you wanted to talk to me." she finally looks at him, her eyes a soft dark brown.

"well, you guessed right."

jisoo smiles a bit, "i'm sorry about yesterday."

"why?"

"because i overreacted and i wasn't thinking and—"

"jisoo," he cuts her off, "you were right, we promised to help each other... and i should tell you then."

"it's okay." jisoo sighs, "you don't have to tell me, i understand."

yoongi looks at the girl sitting in front of him, she truly understands and she doesn't want him to be hurt by her. before yoongi could say anything, aunt choi walks through the door, "jisoo is there any new–" she turns and sees her niece with the customer she helped that seemed to be looking at jisoo. "oh, who's this?"

  "auntie choi this is yoongi, yoongi this is my aunt choi."

yoongi bows politely, "nice to meet you."
him and jisoo look back at each other. suddenly, jisoo gets up, picks up his empty plate, and goes into the kitchen, followed by her aunt.

yoongi sits there, confused on why she left like that. he thinks about leaving too, but he knew jisoo would come back sooner or later.