Chapter 3

"Happy birthday Andrea!"

I looked up to see my mother, father, and little sister starring down at me with big smiles on there faces. I rubbed my eyes opening my mouth to yawn loudly then turned to look at the clock beside me. My eyes widened slightly, and I gave an exasperated sigh. It was seven in the morning, and I had school.

"Thank you." I mumbled smiling lazily "Now, if you don't mind I'm going back to sleep." I turned over in my pillow closing my eyes.

"Wake up sleepy head! We have a surprise for you downstairs!" my mother cried out. I could feel the smile through her words as she said it.

"Mom" I sigh "Its 7 'o clock, and I just woke up. Your saying happy birthday..did I mention it was morning? Wouldn't you be grumpy! I'll be down in a half hour. Say it then." I throw her a quick smile before grabbing my pillow and placing it on my head blocking out there voices.

"Mommy, lets go. I have something to add to the surprise anyway. Just leave her alone, It is her birthday." I hear my little sister Joanna say. Sometimes she is just the cutest thing. I peer over to my mother's face and I can see she is being difficult, thinking over if she should give in or continue to try at waking me up, but one look at Joanna's face and she turns walking out, my dad following after her with a wave good-bye to me.

"Thanks Joey." I say smiling to her. I knew with the face she often uses, nobody can just say no.

"Your just a walking charmer. " I say, while giving her an side hug.

"Your welcome! Happy birthday." She whispers before leaving the room.

I close my eyes then open them back up thinking about my day ahead. It was my senior year, and I was  gonna graduate soon to only head to college. I just hope that what I was capable of wouldn't get in the way. Ever since I was born I had a way with animals. I was always close to them, I could hear them talking. Every animal I met or touched instantly fell in love with me. I was even good with the wild animals. My eyes turned different colors every time my mood would change. With every eye color, I was capable of different things. When I was angry my eyes turned black, when I was happy my eyes turned green. 

I got up to look into the mirror. My skin had gotten a tan from the beach last week, giving me an caramel completion. My jet black hair was tangled in knots. I grabbed my brush and started brushing through it. My hair stopped just above my butt, and when I examined closer I noticed I had brown highlights. I turned on my light and grabbed my hair bringing it close to my eyes. There was a tint of red through the brown highlights. When I shined a light on my hair it was a bright auburn brown. My mouth slowly opened as I gawked at this new found information. What the heck? I started laughing feeling like a lunatic. I'm obviously still sleepy.

Grabbing a pair of ripped jeans and a blouse, I walked over to the bathroom slipping them on at the same time. I went to grab my toothbrush and the toothpaste, then flipped on the water, and brushed my teeth. I then applied a little bit of mascara and eye liner, and went to my closet throwing on a pair of socks, and black shoes. I rushed over to my bed and grabbed my backpack, then walked over to the door, about to grab the door knob, but before I could I tripped over something furry.

Oomf. "Ow..my face!" I yelp putting a hand on my nose where it was slightly sore. I peered down beside my feet looking for the culprit only to find my dog. He was an chow mixed with a pit bull. His eyes were a hazel brown, while his fur was an red, and bright white mixed. He was honestly beautiful, and very unique.

"Oops sorry Andrea. How'd you hurt your face?" 

"If you must know Rocky, I fell down over an over sized fatso!" I say glaring at the dog.