Letter 1

28/2/2018, 09:50 pm

Dear Lexi, 

You were a great friend for the past 6 years. 

Not really the greatest, but a great friend nonetheless. 

I've always enjoyed spending time with you, because even though I don't feel like I belong with any group of friends or anyone, you managed to make me think twice.

Thank you for inspiring me to do things I've been reluctant to do.

Thank you for all the lessons you taught me and for everything you did.

You'll always have a special place in my heart.

I'm sorry I'm crying while I'm writing this, but I need to make sure I'd write it.

I'm a coward, I can't even bring myself to tell you that I've been fighting cancer for the past months. 

I'm sorry I didn't trust you enough to tell you this important piece of information. 

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry. 

I love you.

I love your smile and your high pitched voice.

I love your stupidity and your laugh.

I love your goofiness and your thoughts.

I love the way you talk and all of your jokes.

I love you.

You'd always be my sister from different parents, I know. But my sister nonetheless. I'll never forget the times where you slept on my lap because school is a fucking bitch and all the times we go to the mall just to cause some drama and wonder why trouble is following us. 

I'll never forget you and all of our memories.

I've had a lot of best friends but you made them all seem irrelevant.

Because that friendship of ours would put all the other friendships to shame.

I love you, Lexi.

And I hope you forgive me for being the coward I am.

I'm sorry. 

So much love,

Haley Brown.