twenty | curiosity killed the cat

H I M

H I M

✦✧✦

t h e  1 9 7 5

somebody else

❝ Our love has gone cold. You're intertwining your soul with somebody else. ❞

✦✧✦

s k e p t i c i s m

a skeptical attitude; doubt as to the truth of something.

✦✧✦

       "I've got to say... I'm pretty, ah, surprised," nodded Dipper, taking a once over. Eyes flitting to one side of the room, he crossed his arms. Candy giggled from behind, and from that tone, Dipper could tell she had been staring at him. Again.

        It was tiring, honestly.

        "And she did this by herself?" asked Dipper, trying to keep his tone from sounding impressed.

       "The plan, the set up, all of the ideas were hers, we just simply helped," nodded Phil, eyes on fire as he looked at Candy. Perhaps Phil hated her, or was immensely infatuated. Dipper couldn't tell with Phil, the boy with a piercing on his eyebrow.

       "I've got some stuff to handle with Phil, so Candy, why don't you start acting responsible and attending at least some of the meetings the S.C. does? I mean, they're once a day, Jesus, Candy."

        Candy rolled her eyes but trudged away, red lips pouting. Phil walked closer to Dipper, and took out his phone. Probably to text Greg.

        "So, the dorms, from what Greg and I searched through, nobody had it," said Phil in a low voice, eyes still on his phone. Dipper furrowed his brows, confused, to say the least.

        "Was it just the boys dorm?"

       "Uh, yeah dude, going to the girls dorm? Yeah, I think the fuck not," scoffed Phil, eyes like a predator as he glanced up to Dipper, who had an amused look on his face. Phil's eyes softened, he knew Dipper was a stressed boy with too many problems on his plate.

       "It is messed up, but.... It must be done. Maybe we could ask Mabel to?" wondered Dipper. "Yeah, I'll ask her."

       "So, when are you going to tell us anything about these books?" pressed Phil, putting his phone away and intensely looking at Dipper, who looked calm and collected.

       "Once we get it, I think you'll understand."

       "Alright, man," nodded Phil, but still, he was UNSATISFIED by that answer, so he turned to leave. Dipper immediately felt bad, but kept his mouth shut. He knew he would have to tell them that the Journals were the key to everything, but to tell them was to give the knife to the Cipher Brothers personally.