...But I Am Leaving...

[A/N: Bear with me a bit. I don't know how getting into college works and other things work. Also, I don't exactly know/remember where the location of all this takes place. So pretend it's somewhere far from New York. Anyway, hope you enjoy this! It's the last chapter ever for this book! 😔😭 I cant believe this book is over! 😮]

~•*•~

what makes us vulnerable
makes us beautiful

~•*•~

I kept on continuously sobbing. Luckily I know how to do it silently.

This has to be done... I told myself. In order for me to be me.

I wasn't going to prom with him. I couldn't, not after this...

~Time Skip~

I was finally eighteen. My friends confronted me about what happened with Soarin and me on the day of the incident.

We can't work, I had said simply.
Of course, they egged on but I didn't say the true meaning. That I needed to leave, go to college, and find myself. Thankfully Sunset didn't use her magic to see into my thoughts.

When I turned eighteen I made my move.

~•*•~

My aunt and uncle were out on a date with whoever. It was 11:51 pm, the day before my birthday.

Nine more minutes, I thought impatiently.

The time ticked by slowly but eventually it was midnight. 12:00 am. New day. The day I became eighteen. The day I became an actual adult. The day I made my escape.

I had already packed a backpack and suitcase of everything, which wasn't too much. The suitcase was a big duffel bag. It had all my clothes in it. I was able to pack all my belongings. How sad, I barely had anything.

With one last look at the place I called home the past couple years and about $1, 500 in my pocket, with the help of the comp and stealing a few bucks from my aunt and uncle, I was off.

Now the thing is, I didn't tell my friends what I was up to. Nor Soarin. This was my thing and I didn't want them to follow. So, I stayed at a motel, which was prepaid for with the help of my aunt and uncle's credit card, until the end of the school year.

~•*•~

Once the school year ended, I got my diploma and was heading to college on a full scholarship. Oh, not to mention I had the highest GPA of my grade and also had the highest honors. Anyway... Previously, Celestia thought I was super talented at what I do and thought that I should go to a performing arts school. With some help from some friends, talking on the phone, email, my GPA/grades, and Vice-Principal Luna, she managed to get me a full scholarship.

~•*•~

Celestia had told me to be in her office at lunchtime. For the past few days, she had been talking to me because we were trying to get me into a performing arts school with a full scholarship.

Maybe she got it.
Nah, she's probably giving up.
But maybe...

I entered her office, she was signing some papers or whatever. She looked up and saw me and smiled.