"You're crazy."

I must have slept badly.....I woke up and there was this mullish pain in my neck.

I went for the kitchen to get my self a bottle of something to drink. I opened the freezer and dragged out a bottle of water.

I slowly opened it and poured into a glass on the table, but when I tasted it, it wasn't water at all. It was alcoholic, had a hint of vodka if you'd asked me but I was thankful for having it, the stinging pain in my neck disappeared all most instantly......

I went out of the apartment building to catch some fresh air for a while. I sat down on the pavement in front of the entrance. It looked like seven in the morning, the roads weren't busy. The palm trees made a whistling sound that had the ability to calm nerves.

I closed my eyes and took in the serenity of the neighborhood. If the world could grant me five minutes of this feeling every hour, I would have a different perspective of it......

My eyes were still closed when I heard footsteps walk past me and stop. I heard them again and sounded like the person was walking back.

I opened my eyes and right there in front of me stood the love of my life.

His expression remained neutral and he walked away and into the apartment. Stunned by what just happened, I hurried on my feet and rushed back to my apartment. With my legs running so fast and lifting so high that I could nearly feel the impulse on my earlobes, I reached the apartment door and hurried in before Ethan would see me. He took the elevator, I took the stairs, and the number of the floor where the elevator was headed was ours.

"Chase! So glad to see you. Ethan's.....out...side" I recollected my breath and heaved it out.

"Ethan?" Chase said and dropped the jar of water back down on the counter. I nodded.

"Go get dressed." He said.

I obeyed and ran to my bedroom. I didn't think of bathing, not at all. All I wanted to do was to get dressed and go out and talk to him.

I flung my wardrobe doors open and pulled out an off-shoulder top, with a pair of black shorts. I put them on and rearranged my hair. I slipped my feet into a pair of black Nike air sneakers.

Chase was already outside and was talking to Ethan. I took some time to admire Ethan's wonderful and masculine features. His broad shoulders were so defined in the sleeveless Adidas top he was wearing. His dark hair was wet and fell forward to his face, it still couldn't conceal his enchanting stormy grey eyes.

He spared me a short glance and turned his attention back to his conversation with Chase. Chase looked at me and mouthed the words "What are you waiting for?"

I chuckled silently before saying "Ethan. Hello." I waved too. I was looking him in the eye but then I looked away and looked again and looked away. He looked at me up and down before waving back. No smile, grin, smirk or anything, just a lifeless and emotionless gesture. Rather rude and unfriendly. I tried to hide my disappointment with a grin and was like "Chase! Can we go?"

"To where?" Chase asked.

"Ecuador."

Ethan gave Chase a brotherly pat on the shoulder and darted away.

"He didn't respond well." I retorted.

"I noticed it too. When I see him, I'll ask him why."

I sniffed and wrapped my hands around Chase's arm. "Let's go." I said.

Chase nodded and we both began to head out to the restaurant.

We were about six blocks away from home when we ran into Ethan again. I immediately let go of Chase's arm before Ethan began to jump to conclusions(which was what he did best).

"Ethan, why the cold response to my greeting? What's up with that?" I fired at him.

"Me? You glared at me!" He accused me. My mouth fell open in amazement.

"Me? I didn't want to make eye contact for God's sake. What the fuck is this?"

"Is that what happened?" He asked. His voice becoming lower like he just realized he did something wrong.

I nodded. "Please. I didn't glare at you. I would never." He smiled. I smiled too.

"Don't worry about it." He said and held my hand reassuringly. "I'll see you later."

He turned on his heel and began to walk away. "See....wasn't so bad now, was it?" Chase said mockingly.

I jabbed him on the shoulder and he pretended to be in pain. I scoffed and increased my pace, leaving him far, far behind.....

"Winnie! Hey come on! It's not cool! You I'm the one paying, right?!" He yelled after me. "Right. I almost forgot." I said to myself and gnashed my teeth.

I stood and leaned against a lampost as I impatiently waited for the heavy laden Chase to catch up, which he did.

"I thought I would die on that spot. You were walking like a pregnant dog."

"You're crazy."

"And you're full of baloney." He laughed at my comment and kept his gaze on the ground. I was taught that it wasn't a nice way of walking, it made you look like an introvert.

"Hey....look up, for the stars, not for dog poop.....please." I said and squeezed my face together, as if I was irritated by something. Chase raised his head up and turned my direction.

"What? Don't look at me!" I cooed. He laughed again and commented "Pardon you Queen ETH but its 8:36 in the morning.....where are you gonna find stars?"

"See.....the stupid one ends up being you. It was a statement....metaphor.....oxymoron or something, you're the English student, figure it out."

He smiled and narrowed his eyes as we got closer to the restaurant........

<END> SUPER SHORT CHAPTERS RIGHT? THAT'S JUST HOW WE ROLL ........😊 Looking forward to your vote and encouraging comments.....