"Let it out, baby. "

Winnie's POV
I was lost in thought. I had utterly no idea what was going on on the big screen.

All I was bothered about what happened back at the staircase and for some reason could not remove it from my head.

It definitely was not the first time I was gonna hug someone, but it felt like the best.

I felt like at that moment, I was Ryan's biggest crush..... EVER!

I turned to look behind me and I searched through the swarm of young teenage faces for his stand out features.

It took a while but, eventually it came to me. He was seated really far away. All the way at the back and his eyes were concentrated on his phone. Next to him were Tyler and James, his fellow bad boys.

I turned back to the stage, only to find the credits of the movie on the screen. Everyone was cheering and clapping, even Sam. The movie must've been a good one.

A woman mounted the stage and the hall became silent. "Good day everyone." she said in a thick British accent.

She received a response from a few people. "I am proud to present to you the 19th Annual Teens Retreat by GOFAMINT. We at the organization, are thrilled to have you here and we've made arrangements for fun even while you're learning more about yourselves. The activities start tomorrow. It's a career guidance seminar, of course for the interested ones amongst you all. Those who will not be attending can stay in the building while the rest discover themselves. But note children, try to attend at least one of the seminars, so your coming won't be in vain. Thank you."

Everyone got up from their seats and began to leave the auditorium. "Don't forget dinner by eight at the diner!" the woman called out after us.

"Woo! Now that's what am talking about" Samantha cheered as we walked back to the building.

"Yup, some home made girl power. " Hannah said.

"You guys talking about that movie?" I asked, not even having a clue about it. "That movie, or you mean the movie." she said and began to blab on and on. I didn't really care. I could feel the sadness climb my shoulders and weigh me totally down.

It was an undeniable pain that the love of my life didn't want me. All of a sudden, thinking of everything Ryan told me, all I felt were the tears roll down my cheeks. I remembered so clearly how me and Ethan spoke for the first time. He was trying to matchmake me and some guy, but ended up falling himself.

I felt my steps slow down and it felt like there was a 50 kilo man sitting on my shoulders. That was, The Great Depression.........

***

I headed straight to the diner. Sam and Anna were so caught up in their discussion they didn't notice my deplorable state.

Sam sent me a message asking me to come there. Dinner hadn't started yet, I wondered why they'd be there.

Nonetheless, I went to meet up with them and much to my dismay, it was dark. Didn't seem like anyone was around there.

I didn't like when Sam pulled such tricks. I drew my phone out of my pocket and sent her a message:

-Ur always so disappointing, y do u do this? Like saying the truth for once wud kill u.!!!-

She didn't reply. The only thing that happened was that the lights came on. I instantly spotted Sam and about four other people but I couldn't place their faces.

"Winnie! " they all yelled in unison.

Realizing that they all knew my name made me more interested in their identities.

I approached where they were seated and joined in.

The guy sitting across from me was in our campus. I didn't know him though but Sam said his name was Sean.

The other boy was Caleb. Our class president. And the other girl was Anna.

"What are you doing here? " I said.

"A support meeting." Sam replied.

"For Caleb and you."

"Why me? " I asked.

"Ryan already told me. All that Ethan said, was completely true."

Bringing up that subject was like pouring salt into an opened wound.
The tears were welling up again but I fought to keep it in. "You spoke to Ryan? " I asked, trying to collect my words and thoughts.

"Yeah, he came looking for you....." she began, "Win, I see tears."

My hands immediately went to my eyes to wipe them off my face.

"Don't. " Anna said, pulling my hand away.

"Let it out, baby. " Samantha added.

At the beginning, it was weird but I didn't know when I began to cry, cry, and cry and use all kinds of swear words. I said so many terrible things about Ethan and accused him of playing me and I cried so much about the fact that other girls got to date him for at least a year and what did I get? Four months, four, short, freaking months.

Samantha patted me on the back as I poured out all my sorrow.

At a point, all I was saying was "I hate him! I hate him! " and I began to hit the table in anger.

Everyone kept calm, and they all just watched me do all these things.

Soon, the doors began to open, and people began to crowd the place. It was eight already, but I felt a lot better........

💣💣💣
I'm glad to see such reads on my story... Thanks peeps. Don't forget to vote.
Love, Sheyun Anna