"Enjoy your stay. "

A/N....Yeah, I'm just gonna skip the days between and move to the day she leaves for Oregon.

That day
I dropped my suitcase in the trunk of Sam's car and got into the passengers seat.

"Hey babe." I said.

She smiled at me and started the engine. Sometimes, I really admired her skin ansd wished that I was a black American. She was ever so full of life and didn't give a damn about anybody.

She's been single all the years I've known her, cause having a three month fling with a guy doesn't mean you dated.

"Today, we're having a film show at around five." Samantha said.

"Really? What's the place like? "

"Like a five star hotel!"

"What makes you say that?" I said, also sounding really, really excited.

"Every room's got a hot tub, TV, King sized bed, an air conditioner and cooling system, a small fridge and Wi-Fi routers."

"Wow, for a retreat!?"

"Yup, baby." she said and began to dance to the song playing from the stereo.

"You got me tripping in finesse, don't make no sense." she sang at the top of her lungs and all I did was laugh.

It was a Sunday, all the roads were free and I had a feeling the ride would be shorter than I thought, but I was one for always taking a nap during a trip so I looked like this😴😴😴

***

I woke up immediately I felt the car slowing down and we had reached our final destination.

Truly the building was gigantic and looked like a hotel from outside but the signboard said GOFAMINT guest house.

"What the hell is GOFAMINT?" I asked.

"Oh, that's the organization that hosts the retreat."

I nodded and we both got down from the car. The place was crowded with young people, both guys and girls of different works of life. I could see some eye candy 🍬 already.

Samantha immediately left me and began to walk ahead, swaying her wide hips and flipping her hair, like she was searching for everyone's attention.

I shook my head, disappointed in how she left her suitcase for me, to take care of. Like my suitcase wasn't heavy enough, I had Sam's own to worry about too.

I sighted the reception entrance and made a move for it. But it was quite difficult, dragging two heavy suitcases to a door that was quite distant.

"Winnie? All that for you?"

I looked round and spotted the guy who spoke. .

"Ryan? So good to see you." I greeted him......cause well, I knew him. He's Ethan's really good friend, very close friend. They live together, but he didn't say anything to me before, we were speaking for the first time.

"It's been so long......." he said and stretched out his fist 👊.

"Yeah, it's been kinda long." I said, bumping it..

"Ethan broke up with me!" I said sounding surprised..

He laughed and collected my suitcase, leaving me with Sam's. "Well, he did. Told me he was gonna but I didn't believe."

"Seriously, why did he?" I asked..

"Break up with you? He says you've got too much trouble."

"What?!"

"Have you got too much trouble?"

I paused and thought for a second but still all I could say was "What?!"

He laughed again and we just kept walking. "Is he here? " I asked.

Ryan nodded. But he didn't say anything, we just kept walking. "Want me to talk to him?" he asked when we came to a halt at the reception.

I waited a bit and thought if that was what I wanted. I wanted to know how I ended up having too much trouble and if his just trying to get some space and get back with me soon, so I nodded and he said, "OK. See you at later."

I was really devastated. I never believed it could ever go so wrong with me and Ethan. I loved him and would do anything if it was for him. I tried not to nag him or complain, yet, I've got too much trouble. GO GET A LIFE!

I dragged my suitcase closer to Sam's as I watched Ryan walk straight into the building. I definitely needed to check in to walk in like that, so I walked to the front desk and said "Hi. "

Even the reception had some people sitting down, just hanging out, charging their phones or waiting for someone. Nonetheless, they were all cute guys. "So, what's your name?" the front desk lady asked.

"Winifred Davis."

"Already registered?"

"Yup."

"Okay, here's your key and room number, that's room 306 and your list of roommies." she said handing them to me.

"Thanks."

"Enjoy your stay." she said after me.

I followed the same route Ryan followed. I saw a dry cleaning room, a boutique, a bookshop, a large diner, probably where we would be eating, a gift shop and then finally, the elevator.

I entered alone and the doors came shut. I looked the floors to see which was my destination. "OK, third floor, 303 to316." I said to myself and pressed the button. The elevator began moving and I leaned on my suitcase. "The only thing they didn't have was a bell boy." I thought to myself. I looked at the things the woman gave me, the room key, the list, which was my main interest; I had two roommates, Sam and Hannah.

It was a relief to see Sam's name but, who the hell was Hannah? .........
.

💣 💣 💣