"Don't get down on yourself, life goes on. "

I woke up before Sam and Anna. It was a really rough previous night. I could hardly eat or talk. Ethan didn't come for dinner. Not like I expected him to, I knew he wouldn't show up because he has a very soft conscience.

I left the room and walked into the elevator. I hit the ground floor button and it began to move.

I was going outside to sit down somewhere. Some thing I'm used to doing whenever I'm stressed.

I walked out of the elevator as the doors opened and headed out the exit.

It was early in the morning, I just sat on a park bench and crossed my legs in.

All of a sudden, memories of Ethan kept coming up in my mind. I thought of how unromantic he was with me, and many ways he treated me, things he couldn't even do with his ex.

"Or we were never meant to be? " I thought to myself, I shook my head at it and began to sing, "You've got another life to live, you'll get over with. "

But then once again, I was so deep in these thoughts, I didn't notice Ryan take a seat next to me and listen to me sing.

"Winnie." he said and I felt my heart kick start to life. His hands moved up to my face and pinned my chin. "You're beautiful, and special. But if you can't make your self special, no one can see as special."

I stared at him, wondering why he would be telling me these things. "They've gone around spreading rumors again, right? " I asked.

He chuckled and said, "No, I'm just saying. I was listening to your song that's why."

We sat there in silence for a while. From the corner of my eye, I noticed him staring at me but I felt too shy to look at him. We were not so conversant before so I didn't know what to say.

"Let's play a game." he said.

"O-k, about? "

"Riddles?"

"Fine then."

"What goes up, but never comes down? "

"Come on, is that all you've got? Rain, duh."

"Correct, OK when I'm young I'm tall and when I'm old, I'm short, wh-"

"You're obviously a candle." I said cutting him off.

"Now let me try. Poor people have it, rich people need it and if you eat it you die, what is it? "

"Poison?"

"What!? No. Try again."

"OK.....a life? "

"Wrong. Try one more time."

"I know! It's money."

"Hell naw.....its nothing."

"Nothing?" he asked, looking utterly confused about it. I giggled at how difficult my riddle was for him.

"Yeah, poor people have nothing, rich people need nothing and if you eat nothing you would die. Simple. You understand?"

"Oh..... " he said and smiled. "Well played Winnie." he added and leaned forward to touch my cheek.

I couldn't help but blush.

"Don't get down on yourself, life goes on. " Ryan finally said and got up.

"Young lady, let's go get breakfast. " he stretched out his hand and I held it and got up as well............

We began to walk into the building, hand in hand. I felt a peaceful rest in my heart and balance in my soul. I've never had this kind of belonging next to any guy before......

We finally reached the diner and we entered inside. As we made our way to the counter to pick our food, I could everyone's eyes move with us. Ryan didn't seem bothered at all but I on the other hand felt like I could cringe.

We finally reached the counter and the lady behind said, "Good morning!" with a really wide grin.

"G-morning." Ryan greeted.

"Breakfast is a buffet. You can have whatever you want."

We both nodded. Ryan turned to me and said, "I don't know, you choose, ladies first."

I smiled and reached out to look for something that appealed to my eyes but then I heard someone laughing really hard and loud.

Disturbed, I attempted to see who it was and it was Ethan. He and the rest of his entourage were staring at me and Ryan and for some reason, I let go of his hand.

"I'll have that and that." I said pointing at the muffin tray and cookies tray. "With a glass of milk."

"Same here please." Ryan said.

I grabbed my order from the lady and said "Bye. " to Ryan and darted off to sit with some girls who had a spare seat on their table. At least he won't be following me now.

💣 💣 💣