Chapter 1

It was Saturday night, also known as 'Fight Night'. The one night of the week where testosterone ridden teenage boys got together in an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town to beat the living shit out of one another.

Fight Night was an unspoken tradition and if you didn't attend, your years at Taylor Island High School would be hell. It was worse if you were the guy that turned down a fight though. Sometimes things were taken too far, but if you tried to do something about it you'd suffer the same fate.

Throughout the years, it has become a tradition for my friends and I to attend each weekend together. Mainly so we could watch the freshman get the living shit beaten out of them. However, there was also the perk that the guys were usually ripped.

I slam the door to my old Chevy truck shut, waiting for my three friends to come find me. Trish's curly brown locks were bouncing as she strolled over with our two other friends, Jamie and Gretchen, following closely behind.

"Hey beautiful," Trish shouted over the large groups of intoxicated teenagers, "How was work?"

I groan at the thought of the fast food resturant, "Still makes me want to slit my throat. How was track practice?"

"We just ran in circles," Jamie muttered while walking around to the bed of my truck with Gretchen behind her, "Did you get the stuff?"

"It's the first Fight Night of senior year," I cross my arms over my chest and shoot the red haired twins a look, "Of course I got the stuff."

"This is the only reason we keep you around anymore," Gretchen joked and the twins pulled the white cooler out.

Our group of four has been inseparable ever since freshman year when Trish drunkenly dumped her beer on me at our first Fight Night. Then maybe an hour later we ran into the twins and thought we were losing our minds because there were two of them.

"Did you hear?" Jamie glanced over at Trish and I, "The Dolan's are finally back from juvie." A shiver rippled down my spine at he mention of the twins. Gretchen winked in my direction and I felt like I was about to be sick.

The three of them know how uncomfortable I get when Ethan is mentioned. "How?" I stop in my tracks and glance at the girls, "Didn't they like rob a bank or something?"

"They got arrested for competing in Fight Night y/n," Trish said. Her tone was light because of the situation, but I knew she was questioning why I was so against them being back. "One of the freshmen parents called the cops on them."

"Hey maybe he won't even be here tonight," Jamie tried her best to reassure me, but we all knew that was false. Noting kept those two away from the arena.

"Yeah... Maybe." I bite my lip and keep my face turned towards the ground as we continue maneuvering our way through the wooded undergrowth. Lost underclassmen tried to act like they weren't following us, but it was obvious as we came closer to the metal building that they were.

Loud music was blaring from inside and you could already hear people shouting for the first fight of the night to begin. I open the door so the three girls could get inside and follow silently behind as we pushed through the crowd to get to our usual spot.

For the most part, people here chose not to mess with us. Especially since Gretchen beat the shit out of this one guy during sophomore year when he groped Jamie when she was wasted and dancing here.

I unlocked the cooler once it was sat down, pulling out one of my Red's hoping it would calm my nerves. Now that I knew Ethan and Grayson were going to be here tonight, I was on edge. Ever since the first day of Freshman year, Ethan has had his eyes on me; no matter how many times I say I'm not interested he just keeps coming back.