Chapter 10

Did you know that it only takes one second for a car to accidently swerve into the other lane and cause a fatal car accident? One second to turn someone's world completely upside down? One second can change a person's life forever, but we don't like to think about the split second decisions. We just go with our instincts, and on most occasions that could be the best or worst thing for your future.

The hard plastic stick was gripped in my right hand as I continuously checked the timer on my cellphone. "Is it up yet?" Trish was impatiently sitting against the wall and Colton was glaring at her from the spot next to me.

"Just be patient," Colton seemed more on edge about the situation than I was. His eyes darted to the timer, before looking up at me. Before he could say anything the obnoxious alarm went off and I swore my heart was no longer in my body. "Do you want me to look or?"

My eyes dart down to the white stick sitting next to my leg with the results upside down. "What am I going to tell Ethan if this is positive? Oh well Gretchen just went through all that shit saying she was pregnant with your kid, but I actually am. Sorry."

"Exactly," I glare at the curly haired girl before letting out a frustrated sigh, "Just took at the damn test already. Colton and I have been stressing the fuck out since we left school."

"You think I haven't?" I have no time to react before Colton snatches the test from my side jumping away to read the results. "Well?"

He doesn't say anything when he turns around. A blank expression covered his features as he and Trish share a look, "You should probably call Ethan y/n..."

As I said, a second can change everything in your life. In this instance, a second informed me that I was in fact pregnant with none other than Ethan Dolan's child. What the hell was I supposed to do now?

I was sprawled out on the living room couch when Ethan knocked on the door to my house. At this point I have no idea what I'm supposed to say to him. "It's open Ethan!"

"Are you okay babe?" Ethan asked once he was inside, "You sounded on edge." I sat up so he could take a seat next to me, but before I could start my confession he started talking again. "I'm not going through with this fight tomorrow. Hit me as hard as you can, you deserve it."

My head snaps in his direction, "Ethan are you crazy?"

"I'm not going to hurt you," His voice was harsher than usual as he glanced at me through the corner of his eye. I knew he was on edge, and it made me worry about the news I was about to drop on him. "Just take me out before someone else jumps in to hurt you."

"I know that we have to go," My voice was hushed when I started talking again, "But can't we just continuously refuse to fight?

Ethan's head falls into his hands with a sigh, "If we do that the football bouncers will come after us for disobeying the rules once again. I could never bring myself to hit a girl, let alone you so please just-"

"Ethan I'm pregnant," It slipped out before I even knew what I was saying. My hand flew over my mouth and my eyes widen at the realization, "Shit I-"

His hand cupped my cheek, making me turn to face him. His eyes didn't show any signs of shock or anger. They were their normal sparkling hazel color that made my stomach do sporadic flips, "You're pregnant? Like completely one hundred percent for sure? There's actually a piece of me growing inside of you?"

"Y-Yeah," I stutter a little, "I took two tests this afternoon with Trish and Colton and called you right after we got the results. Both were positive..." My eyes squeeze closed in fear of his reaction.