Chapter 9

I slowly ran my fingers through Ethan's bangs as he snored softly. It was obvious his insomnia had come back by the way he tossed and turned when we first got in bed last night. A smile formed on my face at the thought of him sleeping better with me around.

A groan escaped his lips as I ran my hand through his hair again, "Y/n?" He blinks a few times so he can get used to the dim light from the window, "Good morning."

"Good morning you goon," I chuckle when his arms tighten around my waist. It was like sophomore year all over again, but this time the feelings were mutual. "We have to go to school you know?"

His face snuggles deeper into my chest, "Do we really have to? I mean we could always just drop out and run off into the sunset together like every romance movie."

I scoff and roll my eyes, "Yes Ethan, we have to go to school."

"Ugh," He groans dramatically and rolls away from me so he was on his back staring up at the ceiling. That small amount of sleep obviously did him well; the bags under his eyes are already starting to disappear.

"Why didn't you tell me your insomnia came back?" I sigh and reach across to trail the tips of my fingers up and down his bicep.

He shrugs and looks anywhere but me, "Because it never really went away..." My heart fell at those words, "I only sleep well when you're with me and I didn't want to seem weak because-"

"Don't finish that thought," I slide closer to the boy, "You having sleeping problems isn't because you're weak Ethan it's because your mind is always reeling with thoughts. You can't calm them down, and that's not your fault."

"I know but still," His right hand comes forward to cup my cheek lightly, "If people knew I had sleeping problems they'd look at me differently."

His thumb rubbed slow sensual circles into my skin, "I don't look at you differently."

"That's because you're special," A half smile forms on his lips and I have to push him back to keep from kissing him, "What you don't wan to kiss me?"

"Not until you brush your teeth," I stick my tongue out to tease him, "Let's get ready okay? Gray can't cover for us forever."

"Are you sure? I mean we are twins," Ethan points a finger, "He could just be both twins." I shoot him a look and he puts his hands up in surrender, "Okay okay I'm getting up."

I giggle and walk over to kiss his cheek, "Good."

"You're lucky I like you," His arms wrap around my waist to hold me in place, "Cause I don't get out of bed for just anyone."

"Last I checked you love me, not just like." A shit eating grin formed on his face and he pressed is lips to my forehead.

His arms release me and he turns to his dresser to get ready, "Let's just get ready baby."

My eyes slid closed as I rested back into the leather of Ethan's passenger seat. He insisted on driving me to school even though it would cause a lot of unwanted attention, but at the same time neither of us really cared at this point. We just wanted to be together, even if a ticking time bomb was waiting for us in the school parking lot.

"Don't worry about the twins," Ethan whispered and slid his hand over to grip mine and pull it into his lap, "Gray and I are going to take care of them. They were only around because Gretchen kept saying she was pregnant with my kid."

I cringe at the thought before shaking it away, "They've been spreading rumors about me since I missed another two days. My favorite being that I moved to Mexico."