Chapter 1: Falling Down (Chara POV)

What was this, the 10th time Frisk has woken up on these flowers? It was exhausting to watch them try and fail to save me. I wasn't savable. Why couldn't Frisk accept that?

They got up, looked at me and said "This time I know I can save you! I'll save everyone!"

"You said that the last 9 times Frisk," I replied, rolling my bright red eyes. All my life people compared them to blood, but Frisk said they looked like rubies...I would be lying if I said I didn't like that description better.

"Yeah, but I have a feeling! A feeling of DETERMINATION!!!" Frisk said as they picked up their stick and ran to the red door, dragging me behind them. 

Honestly, it felt weird only being able to be a few feet away from them at any time. Kinda annoying. But this 14-year-old wasn't a bad person to have to be stuck with. He just moves REALLY fast.

We quickly moved through the ruins, putting Flowey in an old boot to take with us. Flowey can't see me. No one can, other than Frisk. It's a bit sad knowing I can't talk to my parents or friends, but they all seem to have forgotten about me, so it's fine...I guess.

I was surprised we were already in Snowdin. It had only been an hour, and 30 minutes of it was the fight with Mom. Frisk really is determined. I used to be too...I don't know why I'm so willing to give up now. It just seems so much easier for them to move on, but Frisk insists on trying to save everyone. Including Flowey and me.

I saw Sans hiding in the trees and sighed. I swear if Frisk dies one more time after that shocker I'm going to kill that comedian...

Why. Are there. So many. PUZZLES!!! Frisk refuses to take the easy way, like walking around the electric maze. They know I can feel and taste everything they do, and they've hit the same wall 10 TIMES NOW!!! This is so annoying.

*Le Time Skip to after Asgore fight*

...Asriel. Why did it always hurt so much to know we had to fight him next? We've done it before...it shouldn't faze me anymore! I held onto my silver locket. Proof that  I was his sibling when we were alive, not just his toy punching bag or a bragging right. Siblings. Family.

I took an anxious breath as I saw Omega Flowey turn into Asriel. Heh, he had always said he was going to be the Absolute God of Hyperdeath. 

Who knew he was right?

Long story short, we fought Ariel again, made it to the surface. Then, Frisk got to see me in the void.

"Frisk this is hopeless. You can't save me. Just give everyone their happy ending. You even have Flowey with you! This is your Perfect Ending."

"NO, IT'S NOT! IT IS NOT MY PERFECT ENDING WITHOUT YOU, CHARA!! I WON'T LEAVE YOU HERE!! WHY DON'T YOU GET THAT!?!" The force and volume of Frisk's voice caught me off guard. 

They True Reset like they always did, and each run happened so many times that it all blurred. Befriend them, Save them, Free them, Reset. Or sometimes Frisk would kill them all in frustration. I couldn't tell one timeline from another anymore.

It all felt like a bad dream, and I just wanted to WAKE UP!!!