Chapter 3

The princess stood, her back turned toward them. She said nothing. She finally faced them after a little while of silence. Her expression was not bright, yet it wasn't so angry either, but calm. She stiffened at seeing Keith enter the room. Lance figured it was because she still didn't fully trust him, knowing how he was part galra. She forged a soft smile onto her face and eyed each paladin in the room with a gentle disposition. Lanced glanced at Keith, knowing he would probably grow uneasy due to her distrust in him. She had said before that not all galra were bad and that she trusted Keith, but perhaps she was still in doubt with herself.

"I have some news for you all." she began in a hopeful tone, raising her voice so that all five paladins could hear clearly. She stepped forward a couple of inches before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"We will have to attack the galra fleet a lot sooner than I'd hoped. It's a bit risky, but Coran and I have a plan set up that will almost certainly bring us victory." she continued, keeping her blue eyes fixed ahead of her, her gaze directed at no one in particular.

"Do not worry about hearing it now. We will explain as we go. Please, get in your armor and get to your lions." she ordered lastly, turning her back towards them once again. For a moment, Keith thought she'd glanced at him for a split second before turning around.

Everyone else had seemed rather excited to get back into action, considering how nothing had happened for so long. Keith had an uneasy feeling about whatever they were about to do, but he wasn't going to go against Allura's orders. And for some reason his mind kept going back to what Lance had said to him. He would do anything to make sure Lance saw his family again. He left against his will, without their knowing consent, of course he would be homesick. Keith wanted that more than anything. Lance had been this cheerful and optimistic teen before and always looking for problems. Now he was this insecure and lonely boy only looking at the future and questioning himself and his sanity. Keith wanted more than anything to see him the way he used to be, and one day he would make sure that Lance got what he needed to make him that way again.

A/N: DUN DUN DUN