Chapter 6

Just as the ship exploded into smoke, Red was thrown ahead by the force, temporarily disabled. Keith's head began to throb with pain. His eyes shut tight and a screeching ring pierced his eardrums.

"Keith!" he recognized the voices shouting his name, but for some reason he couldn't seem to respond.

"Keith!! Are you okay?! Answer me!" Lance's voice in particular seemed to stand out more than everyone else's.

"L-Lance...?" Keith managed to rasp out just barely so everyone would know that he was still alive. Red slowly began to recover a lot faster than he did. She carried him after the others back to the castle.

Keith couldn't remember much after blacking out. He woke up in a healing pod, falling out of it and into someone's arms, having no idea whose. It couldn't have been Shiro or Hunk, considering how thin the person's arms were slightly held around him rather protectively. He blinked for a moment before looking up to figure out who it was. At first, his vision was pretty blurry, but he recognized the caramel colored skin and blue eyes immediately.

Lance quickly realized how closely he was holding Keith and let go, allowing Keith to stand on his own.

In that short moment of being in Lance's arms, Keith was so warm. It was a comforting feeling, but it didn't last long enough.

"Why was I in a healing pod?" Keith asked, a bit confused. He had only passed out after the impact from the explosion, it wasn't as if he was going to die from it. After all, Red had protected him.

Allura stepped in, putting a hand on Keith's shoulder. He was kind of ashamed that he was shorter than her.

"We only thought it was best just in case there were anymore damages to your body. Fortunately, there were only minor damages. We're all glad to see that you're okay." She smiled, stepping away from him as Hunk tackled him with a giant bear hug. "You scared me, man. Please don't scare me." Keith muffled a very soft laugh, feeling a bit suffocated beneath Hunk's arms. But he was warm and hugs for him were more than just comforting.

Hunk finally let go, giving Keith space to breathe again. He looked down at himself, seeing how he was in the white suit they were supposed to wear in the healing pods. He didn't really know why they wore it. He left the room to get changed into his every day clothes. For some reason, he couldn't get a million thoughts out of his head.

What if there was a way to help Lance see his family again?

A/N: There might be, Keef O3O