Chapter 8

Pidge had been working for hours. Hunk came in a few times to help with certain mechanical things, bringing different parts and such.

"Hold up! I'm getting something..." Pidge tweaked with a few things before throwing her arms in the air in triumph. "Hunk, I think I did it!" she cheered, waving her hands up in an exaggerated way.

"Yay!...Did what?"

So then Pidge began rattling off a bunch of scientific language nonsensical to anyone but her. Hunk only understood some of it.
"Um...what?"

"So in other words, I found a way to access apps from Earth in space!!" She marched around the room for a few seconds before suddenly remembering why she did this.

"I gotta tell Lance!" she ran off toward Lance's room,banging her fists against the door roughly. "Lance, c'mere!!" she chanted his name from outside the door multiple times before he finally came to the door. "Okay, okay, I'ma comin'! Chill, Pidge." He followed her into the living room sort of area where she had contrapted some weird machine that just looked like a pile of metal junk to him. She darted over to a small panel and set her phone in a slot, which secured it in place. "Lance, come put in your google password."

"Wait, did you really--" he was cut off in amazement. He stepped over to her side and typed in his password.

"You have a YouTube channel, right?"

"Yeah, of course I do."

"Well, if we broadcasted a livestream on YouTube, your family would see it wouldn't they?" Pidge continued, scrolling through Lance's old videos from at least 2 years ago.

"Yeah, I guess so. My brother, Marco would at least." he replied, taking over the seat. Pidge scooted over to let him control the panel.

"So you can livestream?" he asked, giving Pidge a small look, a bit of hope glimmering in his eyes. She nodded, turning and pressing a small button that made a camera turn on above the monitor. She gave him the signal to try it, which is exactly what he did. He quickly found the livestream button on YouTube and pressed it. To his excitement, it worked the exact way it had back on earth. He adjusted the camera, turning it in a different direction. Hunk had walked in while he was doing so and sat down on the couch. Lance looked into the camera then checked the monitor to make sure the camera could see him. Pidge gave him a thumbs up.

Lance seemed to be looking for any activity in the live chat. No one was online so far. While he waited, he and Hunk began singing duets of their favorite songs and such, but this became boring after a while. Only about 3 people were watching and if it were his family, he would definitely know. Pidge checked the names of the online people and confirmed that none of them were anyone in his family. A few live comments were posted later after 7 more people arrived. Pidge denied those as well. Lance was beginning to lose hope.

A/N: Don't lose hope, baby~ T^T