Chapter 5

All at once, the lions flew straight toward the large fleet of galra ships. They all locked fire on the paladins and headed for them, ready to strike at any cost. Keith lingered behind the black lion for a moment, waiting for Pidge to activate the temporary cloak.

"Hey, Pidge, give me a signal when you're ready!" he called, shifting backward a little to gain speed. He watched as Yellow darted right for a ship, biting it in half like a dorito. On the other side, Blue was busy flying in circles, tricking the galra ships into nose diving into each other. Black shielded Red until Keith was ready to go, shooting at the ships from a distance. Green stayed by his side for a moment, readying the cloak.

"Temporary cloak activated!" Pidge shouting, moving out of Keith's way and making her way over to help Hunk and Lance. Black moved as well after Keith flew around the fleet as fast as he could. "Alright, Red, we're gonna have to make this quick, girl." He whispered to his lion, recieving a roar of agreement from her. The thrusters powered up and shot them at full speed, dodging as many galra ships as possible. A loud beeping sound emitted from the dashboard, signalling that the cloak was about to deactivate in ten seconds. "C'mon, we're almost there!" Keith shouted, pulling back the controls and pushing them forward again at maximum speed. When the cloak finally disabled, they'd just barely made it to the main ship. Keith let Red land on the side of the ship while he entered with his bayard ready. A group of armed galra soldiers rushed him suddenly, swinging their swords around and firing their arms. Keith quickly sliced through them and made his way to the generator. "Alright, Allura, I'm waiting for orders." he whispered.

"Great job, Keith. You need to hack into the base controls to disable the power source. That will leave the ship mobile and defenseless."

Keith placed his hand on the galra print, which allowed him access to the control.

"It's all in galra language. What do I do?" he searched around for anything before going under the control panel and seeing tangles of wires. It might be risky, but if he were to press the wrong thing on the control panel-- well he wasn't going to try and think of the consequences. Destroying the wiring would be his best option. He switched his bayard back into a sword and sliced the wires like spagetti. The lights blared red around him, sparks ignited from the control panel and throwing him backward. He quickly ran out.

"Guys, if we don't get out now, we're all going to be fried eggs!" he shouted, climbing back into the red lion.

"What do you mean??" Lance responded. Keith was half glad to hear his voice.

"In other words, this ship is about to become a giant bomb."

"Oh, thanks for clearing that up."

Everyone aborted from the fleet, heading as far away as possible. Keith was still farther behind and wasn't sure if he was going to make it in time.

A/N: Sorry it's taking so long for there to be romance. There really needs to be a build-up in this story like all loves in real life<3