Bow and Arrow (How To Train Your Dragon Fanfic)

I ride on my nadder, Keri. A green Deadly Nadder with stormy gray eyes.

I take an arrow from my bag from my back, I load my arrow and shoot it at an up comming target. "Yaks eye" I say smiling.

"ok, get ready girl." I warn my dragon and stand up on her saddle. I load 3 arrows in my bow and jump. I shoot the three arrows at three different targets hanging by string and the branches.

I got one yaks eye and two sheep tails. (bulls eye and cow eyes)

I land back on Keris saddle and I sit back down. "I need to practice more on my triple." I say as Keri shakes her head in agreement.

I continue flinging arrows at hanging targets while riding Keri.

Soon sundown arrived and Keri and I decided to go home.

I jumped off of Keri's saddle and fed her a bundle of dragon-nip. "Ill only be a minute. I just have to drop something off to dad." I tell Keri as I digged into her side bag. I take out a small pouch.

I run inside the blacksmith to see my dad. "Dad!" I call and he turns around, his blonde braided beard slightly burnt. "Mari!" He calls back and I run into his arms. He hugs me with his one real hand, keeping his changable one away from me because on had a hot rod on it.

My father is a part time blacksmith, but is mainly a dragon dentist. He is known for his changeable hand and one peg leg.

My mother died before I even opened my eyes.... or so I was told. I was raised by my father since birth. So thats 14 years I guess.

People always say I have my mother long brown hair, freakles, and big green eyes. Some say if I didnt wear my hair in a braid, I would look just like her. No one ever realizes how little I look like my father.

And I have no choice but to believe them because I have no idea.

"Did you bring the stuff?" He asks and I nodded. "Yep. Thats about 3 sheeps." I say and he smiles. I hand him the pouch as he took off his rode hand off and a hook to replace it.

See? changeable hand.

He opened the pounch with the hook hand and out came some silver into his real. My dad looked up at me and smiles. "Maybe if there is some left overs, I can make you some new arrow tips."

I smile back and leave after hugging him. I run outside and jump onto Keri's back and we fly off to home. Which was not to far away.

We land before my house and I dismount Keri's saddle. We both leave to go inside, and up into my room. I lay on my bed and smile. "I wonder if my mom really did have freakles."

Keri shrugs and goes to her rug in my room to curl herself in a ball. "Going to bed so soon?" I ask. Keri closed her eyes, pretending to sleep.

"Keri, you know you cant fool me." I say and she ignores. I finally role my eyes and lay down. "Night."

Keri growls a good night. "Caught ya." I smirk and fall asleep.