Four

"What did I do now?!" I exclaim at my father.

"Everything!!" My father exclaims back, raising his hook hand into the air.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask, both hands on my hips. I never stood up to my father before. I was surprised I did this morning.

"I tell you to stop hanging out with William, yet you do. I tell you to quit the Terror Mail business, but yet you still work there, I tell you to stay with Keri at all times, but yet I see you doing deliveries alone! And why may i ask, why did I find you and William outside my blacksmith?!" My father lists.

I growl, "The only thing William wants is for you to like him! He is the only person who is there for me anymore! He is always worried on what you think of him. He was about to come in and talk to you but I stopped him and talked him out of it. Because I really dont care what you think of my best friend anymore!" I exclaim and storm off to my room, Keri following me.

WHY?!?!?!

I looked back at my father before I walked upstairs. He seemed to be stuck in deep thought. I sighed and rushed up stairs.

I jump on my bed and look up at Keri. I cant keep lying to him... I tell myself. But I promised...

Keri looks at me with simpethedic eyes. "Mari..." Keri starts and I jump a bit at her voice but I quickly remember yesterday. I am not in the mood to go on about that right now.

"Don't cry." She pleads as I whip a few tears away from my eyes. "It will be okay."

"No it wont Keri. My father will never know the truth. He will never understand who I really am. I cant keep doing this." I cry.

"Your still unset about that? I thought you were crying about what just went down, down stairs with your father." Keri asks and I nod.

"Keri, i am use to that any more. We have that conversation almost every week. I just cant keep looking him in the eye and lying to him. I feel bad for the poor man..." I sigh. Keri sighs aswell and sits down on her fluffy rug.

"It is getting to me." I add and thats when I heard it.

Ssssnap!

I run to my window to see my wooden Terror feeder broke off my window seal. I look out my window to see some human figure running away. "What?" I ask and jump out my window, starting to sprint after the figure.

"Stop!" I shout. Has this person been spying on me?! What if they heard me on what I told Keri!!! OH NO!!!

I began to speed up. I move to tackle the person but they turn and I hit the ground. I force myself to my feet and run after the person again. Only to lose sight of the person.

"DRAGON NIP!" I scream at the clouds. What if they tell my dad! Carma is a buring coal.

* * *

Its morning and I am making breakfast for my dad as I always do. I am making a plan with Keri now.

"But it will kill me." I object.

"If you stay with him all day you can make sure no-one tells him anything about last night." Keri explains for the millionth time to me.

"But... what if he starts talking about how he bacame a Blacksmith? and how I should become one and yeada, yeada, yeada?" I ask and Keri rolls her eyes at me. "Suck. It. Up." She said as if I was a retart.

"I liked it better when I couldn't understand you." I cross my arms over my chest and Keri sticks her tongue out at me. "Oh, and you cant bring your arrows." She said and I pouted and took my arrows bag off of my left shoulder and put it down on the floor.