The Birthday Party

Violet was one lucky girl. Not only did her birthday fall on a Sunday but none of the Doctors were in residence. Though they were still on call, as always, everyone was here for the preconscious little two year old who was embracing her terrible twos like a truly demanding princess.

All of her many cousins and friends were invited as well as the neighbouring children and she reigned over them, making demands, waving her cute little wand and making the cutest faces that had everyone wrapped around her little finger.

it often made Nate wonder if her daughter had been switched at birth, so unalike they were. But then she just had to remember her mother in law and she knew right away where her daughter's personality came from. She had a feeling they would have a rough set of teen years or a really great one. No in between for them.

Montree came over with a smile on his face and she knew he was feeling better. Every so often, he would have these moments of worry and while Sing had confessed it drove Rend crazy, he also admitted that Rend got it. There was only one issue in Montree's life, and it was the fact that no matter how he searched, he could not find Mica.

"Hey. You look sparkly."

"Yeah. I had really great sex last night. Rend doesn't have to be in residence until next week and I am just glad he doesn't have to go in today unless there's a major accident which, God forbid, will ever happen."

Nate laughed and shook her head. Coming from someone else, she would definitely have blushed, but she was way to used to these guys now. It just didn't affect her anymore. "I thought you were going to say the time off was approved."

"It will be. They just want to make me suffer a bit since I was rude enough to actually have a wedding and want 4 additional doctors to follow despite the fact that I'm already marrying their precious neurosurgeon."

"What did your dad say?"

"He thinks this whole damn thing is funny as fuck and just tells me to continue with my plans."

"But your ok right?"

"Yeah. No weird dreams. No bad head space. Nothing like that. I'm being real this time. The wedding is in like three months and around this time a couple of years ago, I was already a basket case. This time though, I'm ok. I honestly think she's dead Nate. I mean I really could be wrong but I think she's dead." 

Mon rand his hands through his head and looked around. Nate waited him out.

"I finally found Ike thought I haven't said anything to Forth and Rend yet. I found him almost three months now."

"How?"

"He killed someone." Mon looked at Nate and sighed. "He was hired to make a hit in Japan on that yakuza boss. The one who was on the news."

"And he later died at the hospital?"

"One and the same. It was actually way easier to get to him in the hospital."

"Holy shit Mon."

"Yep." Mon took a drink of fruit punch and made a face. He needed a glass of wine. Maybe something even stronger than that. "So we track him back to his hole in Thailand and he's there along on his little farm with this family who help him on the land and in the house. Lives peacefully without any problems."

"Are you going to tell Forth?"

"I kinda don't want to but at the same time I should. I'll at last ask if he wants to know."

A little yelp came from one of the kids then Win screamed. Yo and Pha moved at the same time as Win smacked another little boy. Nate's eyes widened as she watched the boy's mother haul it over there to defend her son.