Recovered And Reunited

By the end of the day, Ming was also sick. His usual iron clad immune system had been compromised by lack of sleep and bad eating habits. Put together was the kids being sick, he became an open book for all germs. The three staff members he had given the day off came back to work with masks and gloves because they refused to stay away. 

Nick, also in the midst of everything, fell sick during the course of the night and woke up cranky the next morning. He didn't do sick well and had to be cajoled and bribed by Suthee just to take some medicine. 

Suthee had to do a lot of promising that he was only giving him cold medicine because he had been drugged by his parents, no his donors, before and he wasn't about to be a victim again. 

Kit, tired from a three day stint, had to go home to his parents house to rest. He felt ok that Suthee was there and that Beam would be taking over so Suthee could go to work. 

"Hey Beam." Suthee opened the door to Beam and all his apparatus. 

"Hey Suthee. What's the prognosis?"

"So Mick's your best patient. He had a pretty ok time of it and is pretty much recovered. Aria had it the worst but other than being a bit cranky, she's great. I've kept her and Ming together because she just wants to be with her Papa and they're pretty much recovering at the same pace. Nick is the one you have to watch out for."

"Nick? Oh right! The last child."

"He's super high functioning so it's not the autism that's the problem if your worried about that."

"I've never met him but I wasn't worried. I've heard all about him from Kit."

"Ok. I'm telling you because I asked his permission and he said yes. Nick's donors as he calls them didn't understand his autism, his lack of certain cues and, back then, his ability to not do anything right and the tantrums he would throw. His words, not mine. They often drugged him. You'll have to let him see everything your doing. You'll have to explain everything you give him and the possible side effects he may experience. You have to be very open with him."

"Ok. Got it. Lets go to him first then. You introduce me."

Nick was working when Suthee knocked on the door. "I have Beam with me. Beam this is Nick." They wai to each other.

"Beam is going to be taking over from me since I have to start my shift tomorrow morning at 8."

"Yo told me a lot about you. Did you really try to run away from P'Forth? He's hot."

"I know right. His body alone is just divine and he's got the strong silent type thing going for him but then sometimes he gets up to no good. Ugh. I don't know what I was thinking back then."

"Me neither." Nicky agreed with a laugh.

Beam pondered his younger self and eventually admitted, "I think I just thought I was ok the way I was and I didn't want to be tied down. But Forth knew what I needed. He always does."

"Awwwww! You two are like my favorite story couple of the ones Kit tells me. Pha and Yo are cute and fluffy but you guys are hot." Beam looked at Nick then broke down laughing, making Nick giggle.

"Thanks! Oh. Sorry. I guess it's time for your medication. Let's see what we have here. Paracetamol and cough syrup. You have a cough huh."

"It's annoying. Sometimes the medication gets it good but sometimes it wears out before I need and the cough sneak attacks me."

"Do you mind herbals?"

"No. As long as I know what they are and I can look them up."

"Look up Thyme. It's really good for a cough. We'll try that and ween you off this stuff."