A Ready Made Family?

"You didn't go to school?"

"No. Mom and Dad did it all. Especially Mom. She She was really great with science and math and she did ok with languages and civics." Thalia's face was serious. Montree's face became tight.

"You don't actually expect us to do the same here right?"

"No. Dad said you weren't that smart." She didn't say it in a mean way but rather matter of fact so while Montree was taken aback, he wasn't pissed. 

"Well he's wrong. I have enough alphabet soup behind my name to prove it. I'm not that great at teaching. I know what I know and I can apply it but imparting it to other people is more Rend's speed and he spends a lot of time in the hospital or on call so he can't be here to teach you. We'll have to pick a good international school."

"So like I said, we have guest rooms but none of them are equip for toddlers. We may have to jam a bed to the wall and Dio you will have to sleep in the front. Do you want your own bed or a bunk bed with Cayan?"

"A bunk. He doesn't like sleeping alone. I don't mind but I do need a night light. I'm scared of the dark. There are shadows in it."

"You and me both buddy." Montree agreed with a serious look. He found after the kidnapping that he needed a little light at night if he was going to be alone. Otherwise if Rend was there, he was fine.

"You need a night light?" The kid was disbelieving.

"He does. If you want, we can get you one like his. It's a really cool design with coloured glass or we can get you a plain one. If I'm home thought, he doesn't really use it because I make him feel safe. It's important to feel safe so you don't get scared." Rend looked at the rare view mirror and stayed calm. That car was just too suspicious. Should he turn_ opp! Never mind. It's gone. Hummmmm.

"Oh shit. We have to get a car seat or maybe a  booster. How big is our baby?" It was not lost on Rend or Thalia that Montree said "Our Baby". Thalia frowned because she already had a preconceived impression of Montree from their parents. He was not living up to expectations currently but there was lots of time. Rend took in everything and smiled to himself. He glanced at the rare view again and was satisfied.

"Well the booster thing is more a US thing but if you want to do that, we can."

"Yes. Let's not sacrifice safety just because it's not what we're used to here." Montree took out his phone and added something else to the list. He spied a large brand grocery store coming up and immediately indicated that Rend stop there. 

"We don't have anything kid proof. I just thought of dishes and sippy cups and cups in general and stuff like that. Also more shoes and some toys and do you have a phone Thalia? Did you want one? We'll have to call our provider and make a kids plan. I can order some tablets from amazon. I expect you to actually read the books I will download on them Dio."

"I like to read." Dio said with a sleepy smile. Thalia nodded in agreement. She did as well. This was getting interesting.

"I know you guys are tired but We have to at least have stuff for you to use at breakfast and tonight. Rend we'll get 2 carts. Dio can set in one because he's getting sleepy and Cay can stay in the other. Thalia, you'll have to help me.  We have lots of food home and a cook. We need to know what you don't have in terms of cloths and shoes and stuff like that."

"Oh. Ok. Did you tell your cook that we would be there in the morning?"

"Yes. Oh. She wanted to know about allergies. Here. Press this button and tell her what you like, don't like and can't eat. She speaks English."