Chapter 2

"Malfoy, Gondoline."

Gondoline went to sit on the chair standing in front of the crowd in the Great Hall. The Sorting Hat was placed on her head for only a couple of seconds when it screamed out the name of Gondoline's house.

"Slytherin!"

She went to sit next to Scorpius, who already saved her a seat. The boy gave Rose a quick look and she turned as red as her bright red hair.

"I told you so," James whispered under his breath. Lily kicked him under the table as an answer.

"Alice," Rose started to say, leaning close to her so only Alice could hear the words. Rose had wanted to tell someone right away, but it didn't seem like a good idea with her older brother there. She just couldn't hold it in anymore. "I made out with Scorpius."

"Finally," Alice said with a sigh of relief. "So, are you guys together now?"

"I'm not ―" But Rose was interrupted.

"Who's together with who?" Albus asked, leaning in close. Okay, Albus wasn't one to tell her father, but he still didn't really have to know.

"I'm not together ―" Again, Rose couldn't finish her sentence.

"Who are we talking about exactly?" Hugo asked.

"You and him? Congrats." Lily said with a smile, she had been encouraging Rose about telling Scorpius for years now.

"What's going on guys?" Lysander asked.

"Who's with Alice?" James said, snapping to focus. Oh, great, now everyone was butting their way into the conversation.

"No one is. Why do you care anyway?" Alice answered.

"I don't." His voice sounded cold, but he was clearly lying.

"Rose is together with Scorpius." Alice said, to prove James it wasn't about her. But Rose wasn't too happy Alice's and James's fight made Alice blurt it out.

"What?" James said, wide-eyed. "I thought that was just a joke."

"Dad is going to kill you," Hugo said with a regular tone, it didn't matter to him much. Rose even thought her brother enjoyed it, for him it meant their father wasn't fussing about the things Hugo had done wrong.

"We're not together, we just hooked up." Rose argued, but it made things only worse.

"Uncle Ron probably thinks that's worse," Albus said. Rose saw Scorpius staring and looked at him with a smile. When everyone around her saw her gesture, they looked at Scorpius too. He looked a bit confused and Rose's face started to match the colour of her hair again. Why? Why did she had to have such a big family that always wanted to know everything?

"Guys, stop starring," she whispered under her breath, thinking she couldn't be any more embarrassed.

~ * ~

"They're talking about you," Gondoline said to Scorpius, she hadn't even been looking, but of course she knew it. He just nodded.

"Yeah, it seems like it." The Sorting Ceremony had come to an end and the feast had appeared out of nowhere as usual. Well, not technically nowhere -- Rose had made sure a long time ago he knew about the hard-working House Elves making all their food. Besides, he heard her say, food can't be conjured out of thin air because-- 

He nearly drifted off but Gondoline's voice shook him back to reality. 

"You should try not to fight with that girl, Rose, she's nice." Gondoline took a sip of her drink.