4: Relax

Lucy's POV

Itou trained me for 1 year, and boy, that 1 year was tiring. We did the same exercises every day. We always started off with the body training, then did the magic exercises. I always started off the day with a few sores here and there and ended the day with a tired body. It was tiring at first, but it slowly got better and better. After the first month, Itou changed the exercises to 100. I also struggled the first few days, but quickly got used to it.

My magic capacity expanded by a great amount, and I was really happy. We also added some whip training exercises, and they were really helpful. I can now easily swing through trees, and it is really fun! I kept thanking Itou for all of the training he told me to do. By the time I was able to have a good fight with him, I could summon all of my spirits at the same time for 3 hours maximum. He was really proud of me at the end of our training session. The whole training experience was amazing, and we were best friends by the end of it.

At Fairy Tail Guild Hall

Everybody sat there, with a sorrowful expression on their faces. They weren't the guild they used to be. Well, of course they are! They lost one of the most cheerful mages they had. Yup, this mage is Lucy Heartfilia. Everybody was in a sad mood, but 4 of them were worse. Those people are Natsu Dragneel, Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, and Happy. They Lucy's closest friends, and they received the most damage. Natsu and Gray stopped fighting each other, Gray stopped stripping, Natsu stopped stuffing his face with food, Erza stopped eating cake, and Happy was just not happy.

These Fairy Tail mages have been trying to find Lucy for the past year, but they never even got a lead. Because of that, they now think that the beloved celestial wizard is dead. A few months back, the master, Makarov Dreyar, told the rest of his guild that Lucy Heartfilia might be dead. The guild members were devastated by the news, and they were prepared for the worst. One month later, they completely gave up hope. Now, they are a guild that does not celebrate much, only for the times when they deserve it. Nobody was truly happy after Lucy left.

Itou's POV

It has been 1 fun year of training and hanging out with Lucy. Every day we did the same thing, but it felt different. It's something I can't describe in words, but it has been amazing. Lucy is now my best friend, and wherever she goes, I go. We always hang out with each other, and it's great. I always love it when she smiles her adorable smile at me. I feel like it's the smile that only I can see. It's special.

Now that we are done with training, we're going to just relax and have fun for a few weeks. We were planning to check out the forest more tomorrow, and I am really excited for that. It has been a long time since I saw the forest passed the clearing.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" Lucy asked as she walked over to me.

"Let's just go watch the clouds," I replied as I gently grabbed her wrist and led her to the clearing where we used to train. Once we got there, we laid down on the grass and looked at the sky.

"Oh, oh! Look! I think I see a bunny!" Lucy said excitedly as she pointed out a bunny shaped cloud in the sky. As I saw her do this, I smiled at her warmly and nodded.

"Look! I think I see an alligator!" I said to her as I pointed to the alligator-shaped cloud.

"It's totally not an alligator. It's a dragon!" She said as she looked as she pretended to be mad at me.

"No, it's not. It is definitely an alligator!" I replied as I mirrored her expression.

"Are you blind? It's a DRAGON!!" she yelled. (The shape of the cloud is in the Media) We then burst into laughter as we rolled around on the ground. It took us a couple of minutes to calm down. Once we finally did, I looked at her and she looked at me. We were both just lying there, staring at each other for a couple of seconds until we broke the eye contact while blushing. We looked up at the sky and enjoyed each other's company.

"Hey, what should we do now?" I said to her as I looked over at her. To my surprise, Lucy was sleeping comfortably on the soft grass. I smiled at her, then inched closer to her. I lifted up her head, put my arm under it, and laid it back down on my arm. She snuggled up to me with a smile on her face. After I saw this, I fell asleep.

Lucy's POV

I woke up to soft snoring in one ear and a heartbeat in the other. I quickly realized that it was Itou and immediately scooched back with a blushing face. Just the thought of me sleeping next to Itou brought a blush to my face. After I calmed down, I looked up to guess what time it is. The sun was about to go down, so I assumed it was 6. I once again looked at Itou and gently nudged his shoulder.

"Itou, wake up. We need to go back home." I said in a calm whisper. He slowly opened his eyes and looked straight at me. He blinked a couple of times to clearly see what was going on.

"Ok. About what time is it?" Itou questioned as he sat up, stretched, and yawned. He scratched the back of his head and looked over at me.

"It's about 6. Let's go." I said as I got up. He held out his hand and I pulled him up too.

We slowly started walking back to the cave when there was suddenly a bright light that flashed over in the distance. I looked over at Itou and it seemed like he also saw it. We looked over at the place where the bright light flashed with curiosity. I slowly started walking towards it when Itou suddenly grabbed my hand. I turned around to face him and looked at him with curiosity.

"Are you sure you want to go there? Do you think it's safe." Itou questioned as he looked at me with a concerned face.

"Yeah, I want to see what's over there. Don't worry, I'll be ok. If it is dangerous, I always have my magic so I could fight it back. Not to mention, I have you." I said as I looked at him and smiled.

"Ok then, if you say so," Itou said as his grip tightened on my hand. We slowly started walking to the place where the bight light shined. Our pace quickened as we got closer and closer to the area. Once we got there, there were a lot of vines so we had to push them away in order to get through. After we pushed the vines away, I looked at the view in front of me. I stood there shocked, not able to move at all.